Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Intermittant P0343 DTC

klinderborg

Corvette
'04 Z-WOW-6
Hello everyone. I have a weird one here. 2004 Z06 - box stock - 71,000 miles. Some times when making a left turn my check engine light turns on with a P0343 H code. I know it's the Cmp sensor code. The fact that there is an "H" after the code tells me it is something momentary. It doesn't happen on every left turn and sometimes it happens when I'm pointed in a straight line. The car doesn't run any more roughly than normal, it always starts - when the engine light comes on the car continues to run without a sputter. Last year the P0343 popped up 1 time - now the light comes on regularly. I have read posts regarding the 3 cam bolts becoming loose and I'm not discounting that, that may be my problem, but it's a lot of work to do the fix if it's possibly not the real issue. My impression is that it could possibly be a pinched wire or bad ground. Has anyone else run into this, or does anyone have a suggestion ?

Ken

If it were me I would thoroughly inspect the wires and connections but not sure how that would result in a high voltage code. If I found nothing I would replace the sensor. If that did not fix it I would stop driving it and look at the bolts.

I would be interested if anyone can explain why loose bolts gives the high voltage code because we know it can.

I have seen where modded cars have the wiring routed too close to the ignition wires/components and induction causes high voltage and that makes sense to me. So, when you check the wires make sure they are not routed differently from the factory design. Not sure if you are the original owner or not. If it were routing I would think it would be a regular issue.

It was the cam sprocket bolts. Once I removed the intake manifold on my way to the sensor, it was only another couple of bolts to remove the valley cover. Once removed I could see that the cam had shifted 1/4" to the rear. When I pried on the sprocket it was loose. I now have a new timing set, cam shaft position sensor and water pump.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom