Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is Goodyear making our Gatorbacks again????

*89x2*

I heard that Goodyear has begun making the Gatorbacks in select sizes again - Could this be true???

It was a good tire when it was around :lou

The subject came up while I was having my "like-new" tires mounted yesterday :cool (recognize them Kruzmisl??:beer )

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

They still made them in some sizes for a long time. I believe up until 1999 at least the Mustang GT still had Eagle ZR's (gatobacks) as original equipment.

I can't imagine why they'd release them again, though. They were a good tire for the time, but time has moved on.

You bet! Those look nice on the equally like new mags! Who's getting new shoes?

Kruzmisl, I was <<THIS CLOSE>> to getting them into the living rooom for new end tables - SuperNat spotted the action and said to find another use for them :eek:hnoes

Tires look great, thanks again!:beer

They still made them in some sizes for a long time. I believe up until 1999 at least the Mustang GT still had Eagle ZR's (gatobacks) as original equipment.

I can't imagine why they'd release them again, though. They were a good tire for the time, but time has moved on.

Yeah, looks like a 245/?/17 size is all Tire Rack offers... ;squint:

:boogie

I would be shot for even thinking about it....

They look really nice. Let me know if you see another set.

-Luigi
:cool

Paint matches GREAT!

Luigi, thanks - John @ Ye Ole Wheel SHop did a SUPER JOB with the paint code to match :cool

He also took extreme care when mounting the Gatorbacks :ugh A guy who worked in the shop went to touch the wheels and he said no way, you can't afford to scratch them! :eek:hnoes

That's why it pays to show up at the shows! I took my original take offs and Chris had to pull a sneaky one in front of Natasha, but he has his gators!!!!

That's why it pays to show up at the shows! I took my original take offs and Chris had to pull a sneaky one in front of Natasha, but he has his gators!!!!

Paul, that was pretty slick! Natasha wanted to know afterwards, how the heck I was getting four Gatorbacks home, since we FLEW out to the show! :ugh

Another friend of ours, lent a hand, and we put them on his truck - I then picked 'em up in PA later that summer :upthumbs

...rememeber the guy accross from you w/ the nice wheel that dropped off the truck - I RAN after it so it wouldn't fall on its face & get scratched. Guy could not have cared less :eyerole

I still have the orrigional gatorbacks on my 88 and also purchased a new set for spares in the early 90's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom