Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

is my 59 vin correct?

L

li59vette

The first four characters of the vin tag on my vette reads j59T i have only seen j59S could this be a misprint or possibley even the wrong vin tag? also tag not rivetted on just screwed on!The last time this car wa registered was in 1970 and reg shows same vin# any help on this would be appreciated pleas email me!

Re:

Hello,

I have yet to hear of a VIN for a '59 showing a T, but I guess it is possible that it could have been a typo-

As for the screws, someone else can feel free to chime in, but for that year I believe the tag was only screwed in, not riveted.

Great questions- I would love to hear the answer! Do you know how many owners had the car before you? Any research you can do on the car with Motor Vehicle?

Regards,

Jim

VIN tags were screwed on until they were moved to the steering column in '60. If it appears to be an origional VIN tag it must be one of those rare annomolies that we read about occasionally. These were stamped by assembly line workers and humans do make mistakes. It's possible that someone loaded the wrong character into the stamp.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom