Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is POR-15 the best?

V

vettegirl

We are doing a frame-off on our 1971 Convertible. We have sandblasted the frame, and are ready to paint it. Is POR-15 the best option? Has anyone had success with something else? We are not doing a Bloomington-correct resto, but would like a nice shiny black frame with a durable finish. Someone mentioned "GM Re-conditioning paint" but my local Chevy dealer has never heard of it.

Thanks in advance for any info-:confused

vettegirl said:
Someone mentioned "GM Re-conditioning paint" but my local Chevy dealer has never heard of it.

Thanks in advance for any info-:confused

Hi Lauren,

The GM Reconditioning paint has been around forever. Maybe 30 to 40 years. Not all dearlers are up on the latest products. :L It's found it the parts list for chemicals and cleaners like brake cleaner, engine paint, ect. It is an excellent product for frames and suspensions but it isn't glossy. It has a matt finish similar to what you would see on a new car.

POR 15 and other products have been discussed in detail here on several occasions. Instead of me trying to remember all that has been said I would suggust you do a search in these forums using POR15 or frame restoration, frame painting ect. as the keyword. Several threads should pop up that will be a big help.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom