Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is there an online C4 parts catalog?

BlueCorvette

Corvette
1985 two tone blue Z51 4+3
Hi, I have my transmission out, and the rubber cover on the 3 shift rods going through the tunnel is rotted. I don't know what this part is called, but it looks like a piece of rubber with 3 rubber fingers for the rods.

Is there an online parts diagram I can use to find this or any other parts? I don't see something like it on the corvette parts sites, and don't even know what to call it to search for it.

Thanks

Your best bet would be to look on e-bay. Find a FSM if you don't have one will be the best $ you spend if you do your own work.

E-bay is a good source as Wegone mentioned. You could also try Rock Auto. Corvette Central and Eckler's have extensive on-line catalogs too.

I think you will find that this is a dealer item. It should be easy to point out in the illustrations in the parts catalog. You may be able to find a GM 1984 and up Corvette parts catalog on ebay. That way you can take the part number and blow up picture with you if your local dealer doesn't speak Corvette.

Tom

Hi, I have my transmission out, and the rubber cover on the 3 shift rods going through the tunnel is rotted. I don't know what this part is called, but it looks like a piece of rubber with 3 rubber fingers for the rods.

Is there an online parts diagram I can use to find this or any other parts? I don't see something like it on the corvette parts sites, and don't even know what to call it to search for it.

Thanks

I've attached two pics from the GM parts catalog. The part you described is item #4 that is part number 14047706 which is a discontinue part. You could try checking with these guys a call Buy Used C4 Corvette Parts - Mirrock Corvette or Contemporary Corvette - Used Corvette Parts from 1968 to the Present. Good luck

Just found this on eBay. Corvette Shifter Seal 1985 to 87 N O s 146 192 | eBay

20160310_123207.jpg20160310_123226.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I looked up the part number and it's a $5 item but not available. Then it gets marked up on ebay.

Thanks for the links I'll have to check all that out.

Thanks. I looked up the part number and it's a $5 item but not available. Then it gets marked up on ebay.

Thanks for the links I'll have to check all that out.

Tell me about it. Some of these parts are getting harder to find. Sooner or later one will pop up if you not pressed for time. Check with some of those salvage dealers that specialized in C4 they have a lot more parts than they show on their web site.

Even better some dealer here in the Phoenix area won't work on vettes that are older than 1995

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom