Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is this out of place?

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
OK. This thing lights up under the ash tray when the lights are on. It is very bright. After installing new Center Console Trim and all the related pieces and parts over the winter, this thing lights up like a Christmas Tree now. Is this normal and suppose to be there? Also, is there suppose to be a light that lights up when the glove box door is open?

Did it lite up before? Is it for the cig liter or ashtray? Just grasping at straws since yours is different than mine.

OK. This thing lights up under the ash tray when the lights are on. It is very bright. After installing new Center Console Trim and all the related pieces and parts over the winter, this thing lights up like a Christmas Tree now. Is this normal and suppose to be there? Also, is there suppose to be a light that lights up when the glove box door is open?

There wasn't one on my 78. Maybe a poor mans console back light?

Tom

There wasn't one on my 78. Maybe a poor mans console back light?

Tom
Tom,

That's to freakin funny. But I bet your right. It probably shouldn't be there which means also that BUBBA was here to.......damn it. So should there be an individual light for the ashtray? This tells you how much I drive at night in my Vette....lol.

It looks like someone added that light; I don't have one but wish I did. Most likely trying to light up the heater controls. That always been a problem on the 78s.

Gary

It looks like someone added that light; I don't have one but wish I did. Most likely trying to light up the heater controls. That always been a problem on the 78s.

Gary
Think I'll do some functional testing Wed night to see if it really does help. If not, that thing is gone. It's like a bright light bulb right under the console and it looks just weird....;shrug Light coming out from everywhere...

Hello All, I have a 78 and I have a light for the shifter indicator under the center console, I also have a light in the glove box. I am not sure if that is the one your talking about? 78 Shark

Hello All, I have a 78 and I have a light for the shifter indicator under the center console, I also have a light in the glove box. I am not sure if that is the one your talking about? 78 Shark
No, look at picture. Arrows point to an additional light attached to the light that is used for the shifter indicator on the center console. I have the original lighting installed. Just curious if this other piece is OEM or not. I'm not sure if I have a light installed for the glove box. I'll have to look later and at the shop manual. Little things I'm finally getting around to now that she has finally made it out of the garage from her hibernation.

Nothing like that on my 81, only the shifter light and it is not that bright as you describe. You are probably right..it was BUBBAISED. I have a light in the glove box turns on when open and turns off when glove box closed.

Nothing like that on my 81, only the shifter light and it is not that bright as you describe. You are probably right..it was BUBBAISED. I have a light in the glove box turns on when open and turns off when glove box closed.
Yep, I ended up removing that light and finally getting around to installing a light bulb for the glove box. All this time I was thinking BUBBA never got to my Vette. Glad it wasn't worse! Thanks for all the help. Everything works in my Vette now. Not many people can say that....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom