Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this rightly priced???

not me...

either..

i was rather shellshocked

I say put down the crack pipe and back away slowly......:dance

It looks like free advertising to me. Someone will contact Corvette Mike privately and buy the car.

The "asking" price is not that surprising when you consider the 12-mile '67 L-88 that sold for $615,000 last summer.

Face it gentlemen. We have cars that are desireable to an age group that has amassed sufficient funds to finally start acquiring their teenage dreams.

I'm just happy that I kept mine all these years 'cause I could never afford a real '67 L-71 now. :D

67HEAVEN said:
I'm just happy that I kept mine all these years 'cause I could never afford a real '67 L-71 now. :D
As far as I'm concerned, you OWN one of the few REAL 67 L-71s out there. You can say for a fact that it came from the factory with a big block 'cause that's how you ordered it!

67HEAVEN said:
The "asking" price is not that surprising when you consider the 12-mile '67 L-88 that sold for $615,000 last summer.

Face it gentlemen. We have cars that are desireable to an age group that has amassed sufficient funds to finally start acquiring their teenage dreams.

And at auction other orig's have sold @ 135K......

That price doesnt seem that far out of wack.Corvette mike has always been a little high on his vettes but when you are talking about a car that is rarely seen ,only read about in books the price is going to be a good penny.

Mac 73 said:
As far as I'm concerned, you OWN one of the few REAL 67 L-71s out there. You can say for a fact that it came from the factory with a big block 'cause that's how you ordered it!

Mac,

I should have said, "....afford to buy a real L-71 like mine now".

If I had that kind of $$ to spend... man....

Just hinking about it make me

:puke :puke :puke
:puke :puke :puke

Ony 199 made

In 63 , only 199 ZO-6 cars were made. 63 of these had the big 36 gallon gas tank. This particular car is one of thoses with all its documentation and a fresh body off frame restoration.

The old law of supply and demand. Only for the high dollar collector, who probably has 25 other cars or more in his collection will buy this car.

Z0-6's have been in the $60000 to $350,000 range for a few years now. It just depends on how complete, how original, and what history each has..........and of course, what condition.

Mike has been known to step up and pay the big bucks. I heard this car he has owned and had restored himself by the Nabers Brothers in Texas.

maybe

Maybe if you're looking for that perfect piece of art embodied in a 63 Vette, 200k or more is within the scope of acceptable pricing.

However, my 65 makes women forget my thinning hair (or is that the ballcap I wear?) my round belly, (hidden in part by loose shirts that or not tucked in) and the fact that I am constantly expelling exhaust (overshadowed by the loud sidepipes and the smell of burning rubber). Yes, it's good to be me.

Montana

:cool :_rock ;stupid

It is a work of art. A museum piece. It will probably never ever be driven. Did you see how many hits were on that auction? 26,496. Is that right?

I guess it is relative to how much money you have. I would have to have twice that much lying around before I could do it. So basically, NEVER is my answer.

As my friend would say, 'It's only money, you can make more.'

Oh yeah - if he gets 200k for that, it will increase the value of all Corvettes.

I only want a small island in the Pacific for mine.

"In 63 , only 199 ZO-6 cars were made. 63 of these had the big 36 gallon gas tank. This particular car is one of thoses with all its documentation and a fresh body off frame restoration.
The old law of supply and demand. Only for the high dollar collector, who probably has 25 other cars or more in his collection will buy this car."

In 1966 less than 200 BB roadsters had factory A-C (according to Noland) - so I should ask 200k for my roadster after I make a TQ out of it - right?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom