Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It must be boring.....

T

tdr1919

I was just thinking of how boring it must be to have a new C6, everything spanking new, under warranty, just put the key in and drive!
I just finished replacing the M/C and booster, and am now trying to figure out what I'm going fix or replace next, hey, and if I screw it up I don't void the warranty!
Tom

I was just thinking of how boring it must be to have a new C6, everything spanking new, under warranty, just put the key in and drive!
I just finished replacing the M/C and booster, and am now trying to figure out what I'm going fix or replace next, hey, and if I screw it up I don't void the warranty!
Tom

I wouldn't mind being bored that way. Just keep the older one also, that way, something to work on. I just can't imagine how boring it would be NOT to have a vette! :)
Other cars.....vanilla!

I wouldn't mind being bored that way. Just keep the older one also, that way, something to work on. I just can't imagine how boring it would be NOT to have a vette! :)
Other cars.....vanilla!
I know what you mean, I just love cruising around, such a great car!
hmmm.... not let me go back to work fixing what others before me couldnt!
Tom

I changed a million parts on my C4 and loved working on it.
I bought a C6, and I can tell you that you are right, its just for driving.
The performance is awsome, but all I do is change the oil and wax it.
BTW, I kept my C4. :D

If you like working on it so well. How about you come and put the new clutch in for me. :D Right after the first of the yr would be fine. I really don't mind working on the vette but it is getting to be harder work as I get older.
Boring would be not having a vette. I am looking for a car for when we can't drive the vette. Drove a nice Bonniville,,,,,, chalked that off real quick. They just don't drive right. Everything is compared to the vette now. Even my wife
mentioned that it drove to sloppy. I hope maybe a Grand Prix is better.Looking for a car takes about as much time as taking on a part time job.:ugh I hope it don't take to long.

Glenn
:w

I agree that C-4's are a challenge to keep up to snuff compared to a C-2/C-3 but the drive still makes it worth it :D When it gets to be too much I'll have to decide between C-2/C-3 or a newer model Vette! Can't imagine not having one! Bought first one in 1969!!:w

If you like working on it so well. How about you come and put the new clutch in for me. :D Right after the first of the yr would be fine. I really don't mind working on the vette but it is getting to be harder work as I get older.
Boring would be not having a vette. I am looking for a car for when we can't drive the vette. Drove a nice Bonniville,,,,,, chalked that off real quick. They just don't drive right. Everything is compared to the vette now. Even my wife
mentioned that it drove to sloppy. I hope maybe a Grand Prix is better.Looking for a car takes about as much time as taking on a part time job.:ugh I hope it don't take to long.

Glenn
:w
I know what you mean - I have that task upcoming, and I'm not sure, but i might just let my local shop do it for me -
Tom

I know what ya mean. I was bored , so I traded my 93 for a c5. Then I got even more bored and bought a 62. Sold my 01. Not bored anymore.

Tom

It's worse than that! You don't even get the excitement of sticking the key in the door . . . or in the ignition!!

I like my C-4!!

:D

It's worse than that! You don't even get the excitement of sticking the key in the door . . . or in the ignition!!

I like my C-4!!

:D

I never thought I would like the C-4, I was always attracted to the C-2,
when i figured out I would never be able to afford a nice C-2, the C4 was about what my buget would afford. After owning this car for almost 2 yrs now, I love how it rides, & it is really coming together, (gulp, watch what you say!) I now think the C4 is one attractive looking car, and would actually think about getting another one! (a vert)
Tom

Tom

I wanna be that bored!!! A C6 is on my wish list, right along with a '58, a '63 Split Window, a '71 vert, a Callaway Speester and a vert C5. Keep my '93 coupe and me company. Yeah..., I'd be uber-bored and lovin every minute of it. :w

Somehow I dont mind working on the vette. When I bought my 92 I had a number of little things to fix to put it right. Now, Im down to trying to make it better than new. Not that I wouldnt want a C5 or C6, but I know I would be tinkering with them as well.

The first time I drove a C5 I wasn't impressed. The problem was I drove the wrong one. For me personally the C5 vert w/ auto did nothing for me..JMHO. But now that I have a ZO6, it is an incredible car. The power, handling and 6 spd makes all the difference. I could only imagine the C6 ZO6 to be better. Anyway, I still love my other Vettes...But the real question is which one is the most fun to drive...Thats a no brainer...The ZO6!

The first time I drove a C5 I wasn't impressed. The problem was I drove the wrong one. For me personally the C5 vert w/ auto did nothing for me..JMHO. But now that I have a ZO6, it is an incredible car. The power, handling and 6 spd makes all the difference. I could only imagine the C6 ZO6 to be better. Anyway, I still love my other Vettes...But the real question is which one is the most fun to drive...Thats a no brainer...The ZO6!
Wow... the Z06 must be a real blast!, I was thinking of picking up a C3 to fix up and sell,but with all of my C4 experience it might be a better decision to get a newer C4 (a vert) and sell my 86 coupe. Or keep the two of them!

Tom

The C3 is a fun car to drive too, but more for nostalgic reasons rather than performance...At least in my case of having an '82.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom