Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's Back....

L

LarryK 87

picked the car up from the shop today. Damn no one told me you would go through withdrawl when your ride is laid up!!! I can quit smoking easier than that.

Anyways, work done, full rebuild, new planetary's, TC, Clutch packs, seals etc. Quoted 1350.00, delivered for 1300.00.

Was shifting a little oddly, but smoothed out during the drive back to the office ( 5 - miles or so, all city stop and go ), downshifts like it should. No noises, kicks down on throttle as expected, The engine even seems to run smoother.

Thanks to Vig for the pointers and questions to ask, it helped immeasurably, am sure i got a goot deal, and competent job done.

100% warrenty 12/12 ( local of course )

:beer :drink :beer

Sure feels good getting back behind the wheel, doesn't it:upthumbs

Carlo

What about the Torque Converter?

...and your welcome.

Vig?

replaced as well. "Dayton" ? good?, bad?, indifferant?

shifts without makeing any noise now, at medium throttle , but does seem to hold on to the shift for a lot longer than before.

ok, unfourtunatly had to take car back to Trans shop, as it would not shift into OD. Got it back, Shifts into OD properly now (Stuck Valve). Shifts into OD around 56+

Now it seems the shifting is way to lax, almost luxury car type shifting, 1-2 occurs at 12- 15 mph and does not seem to be affected by throttle setting. Have re-adjusted the TV cable with no change.

It pulls real well, just does not shift like what i whould expect from this type of car. Is this the way it is supposed to shift?

My turn

Ah, now the 'fine tuning' of the tranny starts.

I am more than ready to have my ride back. I KNOW about withdrawal after 3 years of build (car in the shop last 8 months for final details).

I gifted my son a 540i (FUN) and have been shopping for a C-5 vert, w/ 6 speed and Z51, to cure my ills. He got to go the the hi-perf driving school alone, too.

Any steals on such wheels, guys?

OUCH!

:w

how does one fine tune that out? am begining to suspect that possibly the TV pressure relieve ball is missing or damaged.

also noticed that the shift occurs sooner with more throttle apply, than if light throttle apply

WhalePirot, Rick Daniel had that exact car on his lot a month ago, torch red, 6-speed, black leather and top, Z51, polished wheels. It was exactly as if I had ordered the machine from the factory. Even had a Borla exhaust already on it as well. Unfortunately I had to pass as the price was more than I could afford at the time so I looked for a late model C4 vert. They are out there, but be prepared to really search.

and be prepared to pay the big bucks... approx. 20% of c4 and c5 vettes are stick... coupes have a higher percentage... it gets down to something around 10% of the convertibles have 6-speeds... people that own one usually know it is rare, and they want the big bucks for them!

PS. LarryK, sorry this is a multi thread now, but I can't help you with your auto problems, I honestly really do not understand that much about them... I hope that someone can give you really good tech advice, because I want to learn:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom