Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Its been fun and exciting....

C

CLABORN1960

I bought my vette in 01, and 270,000 miles later, plus multiple major repairs (and breakdowns) during the last 8 weeks or so, and more minor (but expensive stuff) stuff needing to be addressed, I decided to sell the vette and get something newer... a 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange metallic (2SS with the RS package to be technical), 6 speed manual....

I've enjoyed all the the comments, and tips during my membership here, picked up lots of valuable info along the way... wish you all the best... take care....

Congratulations on the Camaro! :thumb

Hope you come on by every now and then to see us! :beer

Dang, 270,000 miles talk about durability. I bet if would keep going if you wished to spend the funds to fix her. Hopefully, the Camaro is as good to you as your Corvette has been.

:w CLABORN1960

(Steve) I hope my memory is right ;) YOU know you are always welcome here, you don't need a Corvette to be a member of our Community ;)

The Camaro with the package you have should be fun and the Camaro is very easy to the eye. I gotta ask :chuckle "Do you fit in the Camaro any better than in your old Ruby?" As I recall talking to you at Auburn, you filled the drivers side fairly well, and folks I ain't talking "fat big" (like YODA) I'm talking weight lifting in shape BIG ;)

It was nice to meet you, and hopefully our paths will cross again, and I have one small request, I want a ride and I want to hear tires screem'n and smoke'n :D :lou

Take care and don't be a stranger :dance

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

:w CLABORN1960

(Steve) I hope my memory is right ;) YOU know you are always welcome here, you don't need a Corvette to be a member of our Community ;)

The Camaro with the package you have should be fun and the Camaro is very easy to the eye. I gotta ask :chuckle "Do you fit in the Camaro any better than in your old Ruby?" As I recall talking to you at Auburn, you filled the drivers side fairly well, and folks I ain't talking "fat big" (like YODA) I'm talking weight lifting in shape BIG ;)

It was nice to meet you, and hopefully our paths will cross again, and I have one small request, I want a ride and I want to hear tires screem'n and smoke'n :D :lou

Take care and don't be a stranger :dance

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX
LOL your memory is good, yes its Steve, and yes the fit was tight in the Ruby, its a tad better in the Camaro.... Definitely we will meet again and you'll get your ride.....

Good luck to you and your new car....
Changing positions on a team is never a bad thing...Changing teams might be !

It's not like dropping the vette for a mustang! (can I use that word here?)
That would hurt.

Well, sooner or later you have to pull the trigger and say goodbye to an old friend. At least you got a lot of pleasure (hopefully) out of putting all those miles on it. My 1999 Jeep Cherokee just turned over 250,000 miles and my 1998 Toyota Sienna recently turned over 200,000 miles and they still run strong! Sure, it costs a few bucks to keep them running, but we haven't had a car payment in 6 years and that is real easy to get used to!

At least you are staying in the family! Good luck!

Steve-

Congrats on the purchase! The new Camaro is a nice car. :cool

FWIW- the reasons you highlighted are the same reasons I sold my '80 last year. It was becoming more "project" than "car" as far as project cars go.

Like Bud said...
you don't need a Corvette to be a member of our Community

So... yeah, don't be a stranger! :upthumbs

You can always hang out with me around the CAC- we'll talk about our "other cars" and swap "sold Vette" stories. :L

I see the Camaro craze taking off again like crazy now, so that is good. Getting a mus***g would have been a mistake. As for the Trans, well most could assume how I feel about those.

I see the Camaro craze taking off again like crazy now, so that is good. Getting a mus***g would have been a mistake. As for the Trans, well most could assume how I feel about those.

Nah not a stang, they are probably decent cars BUT I have always liked the look of a 69 Camaro, so the new ones remind me of that....

Get that thing over to Huntsville Dragway and post us up some numbers!! LOL

Hope you have as much thrill as I know you got out of your vette with your new ride, without the occasional headache ofcourse!

some pics for you guys......

right off the truck:
justoffthetruck1.jpg

justoffthetruck2.jpg

me and the car:
meandthetoy3.jpg

Looking good! I bet the new ride is a hoot to drive!!

-Mac

Claborn- your smile shows how much fun you're having! :beer

Glad to see you are excited and happy with your ride.

BTW- great looking 'maro. :upthumbs

Great looking car! Congratulations. I had a good friend trade in his 2006 LeMans Blue ZO6 last week for a 2010 Orange Inferno Camaro...he loves it!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom