Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's MINE, ALLLLL Mine!!

J

Jefe

Got my first Z06 yesterday and what a sweet machine! It's a Black 2003 with 29 miles on the odometer. Dealer advised me not to get into it too much until it reached about 300 miles and even getting into it a little the power is awsome. Traded in a 99 C5 convertable and am amazed at the power difference. I'm sure I will be full of questions for the experienced Z06 owners in the near future but for now I am just enjoying the moment!

Jefe :Steer

Congratulations Jefe.

The most common accepted break in proceedure on the Z06 is to take it easy the first 500 miles.

No wide open throttle, vary the rpms and load and avoid sustained steady state highway cruising.

Go easy on the brakes to let them seat in. No panic stops.

Change the oil and filter at 500 miles. I also installed a magnetic drain plug at that time.

You can get a lot more info at Z06vette.com

Be safe and enjoy the ride. They are one kick in the pants.

Best regards;

Mufflerbearing

Cool!

Now...are you the kind that will keep it in perfect show room shape, and even avoid rain at all costs....or, thrash it every chance you get....or, participate in some sanctioned Corvette sponsored racing....or, cover it in bolt on goodies....etc?

Hey, that first week or two of changing to a new car will stick in your memory for a longggggg time!

Have fun!

Congradulations...watch out for this guy. :beer

Officer-1.gif

Congrats on the Z06!:m

Congrats!! I went from a 99A4 coupe to an 01 Z06. Like going from a cruiser to a sports/race car! :_rock

That's alwsome!! My good friend just bought a yellow Z06 last weekend. She let me drive it yesterday, WOW!! Smooth cruising for the first 500 miles and then it's off to the races.

Enjoy the Ride!

I went from a '97 A4 to my '02 Z06 and I know what you mean about the difference between the cars. The '97 was fast and pretty civilized, but the Z06 is a just a beast.

My Dad's got a black/mod red 2003 Z06. I LOVE driving that car. I told him when he grew tired of it that I would glady take it off his hands. Yeah....right

Enjoy it and always wave....:w

Nice goin!! My next Vette will be a ZO6.:D :D :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom