Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

I've got my '80 back on the road!

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
Well- I picked up the car after work today-

WOW! It has a nice idle to it! Maybe it is the result of the custom tuned PROM, SLP runners, side exhaust (no cats), and the 1.6 roller rockers. Not quite as much initial low end as the old L82 seemed to have- but wow- the pick up is great from 1.5- 2k and up.

I think I remember seeing a factory L82 dyno. I've also seen my GMPP motor's dyno with an off the shelf carb and intake. Aside from the details, the major difference was that the torque curve peaked lower in RPM range of the L82 while it peaks a bit higher in my motor's RPM range. I also get the impression these heads flow a bit better than the OEM heads for the L82. I think between the heads and the EFI, tuning, side exhaust, runners, injector size, etc. the combo has come together nicely.

Regardless, the torque curve for the GMPP and hp all build in the right range for the TPI. So, the combo is well matched.

No silly stuff until its broken in- but I'm really impressed so far!

I still have some tweaks to make. I need to get a data log of it running so that I can fully optimize the fuel/spark tables. Right now, the chip is a custom burn for the L82 combo- but I need real world data to tune every ounce of power out as this engine is a bit different. Details, details, details.

:Steer

I'll clip a video of it running with the new motor this weekend... right after it gets a bath.

HOW ABOUT A PICTURE OF THAT ENGINE!!!

TCXD40

HOW ABOUT A PICTURE OF THAT ENGINE!!!

TCXD40

Well, the engine itself looks just like it dis when it went to the shop... it isn't that different in terms of what can be seen.

;)

I re-used the L82 valve covers, my TPI intake, etc. So, it still looks like very similar to this, but CLEANER-
DSCF0294.jpg

oceangal said:
Congratuations! I can feel the excitement!

Thanks! I'm excited too- so far, I'm impressed. It is only pushing ~300hp, but that is a whole 70hp more than the OEM L82!

How about you- when are you getting your new mill?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom