Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Jack stand solution @ Bloomington Gold

yldag

Corvette
c5 drop
Spent some time at Bloomington Gold this weekend and when the sun finally came out it was very nice. Lots of really great cars that I can't afford (note to self - need $129k for a 2012 ZR-1). Just when I thought there was nothing new for a lowly '99 C5 owner, I stumbled on Jackpoint Jack stands. At first it just looked like a C5 sitting on two big red jack stands. But then I see that you can jack the car up on the C5 jacking spot (where I usually put my metal puck) and put this jack stand in the same place, let the car down, and remove the jack. DONE. So simple when you see it I could kick myself for not thinking of it first :mad. The guy hands me gloves and says "grab the tire and give a push". No movement. I watched this guy take the car down off the stands in a few seconds, stacked them (they stack on top of each other), and roll them away. Not cheap - but so cool to not have to !#*< around with putting a C5 on stands (and not that much considering what I paid for my pucks). Not as cool as the ZR-1 :cool!:.

That's it - except he used a different pad on top of the jack. He had a short one that was low enough to fit under a C5. He had different pads for different cars. He had different color bases too, but - other than color - they were all the same.

I went to their website, way, way too expensive for my taste. :W

That's one that I haven't seen before. The Bimmer in the video is not set exactly straight on the puck/stand, hopefully that was just installer error.

That's one that I haven't seen before. The Bimmer in the video is not set exactly straight on the puck/stand, hopefully that was just installer error.

That may be because only one side was up. Here's what I had in my phone of the C5. They're not cheap, but as a guy who dropped his vette noted, cheaper than some alternatives in the long run.

Attachments

• IMAG0214.jpg
    IMAG0214.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 156
I went to their website, way, way too expensive for my taste. :W

I think He was offering some deals at BG. I went by at the end of the day and a guy was loading a set that had been on display into a C6 Z06 (note to self - also a very nice car - need $$):thumb. I asked about a display set and he was all out, but said he'd bring more. Next day I was too slow - he was sold out again. Guess it wouldn't hurt to see if he had any left over displays from the show - I wasn't there on Sunday.

Great idea and I would buy some but I need the car to be higher in most cases.

Nice idea. But i'll have to stick to my 2x4s, 3rd gen camaro jack and stands. I have 2 1/2" ground clearance. The only draw back to having a slammed c5. A bitch to jack up.

slammed C5

Nice idea. But i'll have to stick to my 2x4s, 3rd gen camaro jack and stands. I have 2 1/2" ground clearance. The only draw back to having a slammed c5. A bitch to jack up.

Well I can suggest a jack for you - Omega 29025. Legit pickup height at the saddle of 2 1/2".

I recently saw these guys put a Cup car (similar ride height) on these jack stands pretty easy, but it did involve wood. They lifted the car on the factory jack spot until the wheel was 2" off the ground, put a block of wood under that wheel, lowered the car, placed the pad on the jack and jacked up the car on the pad and put the stand in place. They used a low jack - but it wasn't the Omega.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom