Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jack Stand Under the C4...

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
I am in the process of detailing my 96 C4 and have a question about jack stands.

I want to remove one tire at a time to clean inside the rims as well as the areas behind the wheel in the engine compartment.

Is it ok to place one corner of the car on a jack stand at a time? Would this stress the frame too much?

Example: Using a floor jack to raise the front passenger side of the car and placing a single jack stand underneath the front passenger part of the frame -- is it ok to have one jack stand support the front passenger section? Driver side wheels would still on the ground, the passenger side rear wheel would probably be airborne.

I had read in a earlier post on jacking up a Vette that raising the front area would lift the rear wheel and leave it airborne. Would this stress the frame too much?

Any experiences or advice would be helpful.

Thank you!
B17Crew
:w

I like to know also ..I would like to put my vette on a stand.

I would like info also..

If you have a floor jack...jack up the front by using the middle of the steel crossmember...In the rear use one of these (rear end jack pad-see below) Or if you want to, just use the jack that came with the car to lift it just enough to get your work done. You will see arrows on the body in front of the rear wheels and in back of the front wheels where you jack it with the GM jack...Leave the roof on.

yb.dll

Thanks JonM,
I was eyeballing the front crossmember but didn’t know enough to go ahead and lift there.

Thanks for the a image of the rear end jack pad!

B17Crew
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom