Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jack Up a C7 Corvette With Roof Panel In or Out?

Hello fellow Floridian,
we've driven to your side of the state many times over the years for lunches and car shows.
Also attended the Venice Florida Corvette Club's show several times and enjoy the cruise across the Alley.

Great question you've posed.
I know that with earlier generation corvettes, there were varying opinions about opening or closing doors when jacking the car up. These were concerns because of the cars flexing. I would think (with the old cars) that keeping doors and hood closed when jacking up would create more torsional strength.

Technology and car building have come a long way since then. I am not a tech, mechanic or anything like that, but when I've lifted my C7, I leave the top on. By the way, I had always used a low profile jack and stands to lift and work on my cars, but last year I got a QuickJack. It is wonderful.
Think about C7 convertibles. They have a rag top. How much does that help?

Again, no expert here and this is only my opinion, but I would think it would be fine.
If in doubt, give your dealer a call.

Best of luck and stay healthy!!
:beer

Last edited:
Hello fellow Floridian,
we've driven to your side of the state many times over the years for lunches and car shows.
Also attended the Venice Florida Corvette Club's show several times and enjoy the cruise across the Alley.

Great question you've posed.
I know that with earlier generation corvettes, there were varying opinions about opening or closing doors when jacking the car up. These were concerns because of the cars flexing. I would think (with the old cars) that keeping doors and hood closed when jacking up would create more torsional strength.

Technology and car building have come a long way since then. I am not a tech, mechanic or anything like that, but when I've lifted my C7, I leave the top on. By the way, I had always used a low profile jack and stands to lift and work on my cars, but last year I got a QuickJack. It is wonderful.
Think about C7 convertibles. They have a rag top. How much does that help?

Again, no expert here and this is only my opinion, but I would think it would be fine.
If in doubt, give your dealer a call.

Best of luck and stay healthy!!
:beer

Thanks for info. :upthumbs

C5/6/7s are very stiff. It doesn't matter whether you lift them with the doors open and/or the roof off or on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom