Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jack

I have 4 Hockey Pucks.... (Made in Canada of course) :chuckle
510-hockeypuck.jpg

2 low profile jacks (Harbor Freight). Both have a lowest height of 3 1/4".

92782.gif
92782.gif

4 Jack stands for safety of course.
34924.gif
34924.gif

And race ramps because my car is so low...:D

raceramps2.jpg

raceramps3.jpg

And Tire locks (Orange) so the car will not move when jacked up. (Wall Mart)

raceramps4.jpg

I bought 4 standard hockey pucks, drilled pilot holes in the center and screwed course thread, large eye hooks from HD in them to hold them in place in the frame jacking points. I purchased an American Forge and Foundry 2 Ton, low profile (2.75 ") $240.00 floor jack to jack up a side, then I use my old Sears 2 ton jack with a pice of 2X6 wolmanized lumber, cut 2' long and place it under the front frame section and then remove the low profile jack and install 8 ton jack stands on each side at the hockey puck points and then lower the car. Then I take the low profile jack with a pice of 2X6 across it and position it under the rear frame section, jack it up and place the jack stands on each end of the 2X6, I found that if I try to use the jack stands under the rear jacking points, the car is too high off the ground for my comfort level. Works well for me.

Bought a low profile jack... got the front blackouts on

I roll it up on 2ft sections of 2x4 each of which have angle-cut ends.

I jack it with a conventional floor jack using jacking advice at C5 DIY Part 1

I support it using conventional jack stands and Katech's aluminum jacking pucks. Ok...they're pretty expensive but the blue anodizing matches my C5's paint and they look cool. Sometimes I'm just a fool for cool-looking tools.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom