Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jacking pads...

BoDuke

Corvette
'04, Triple black Vert, '13 Grand Sport 3LT Coupe
Hey everyone! I'm in the market for some jacking pads for my C5. I'm interested in these 2 sets on ebay. Does anyone have an opinion of either set being a better product, or more user friendly over the other (other than the cost, roughly $5)?

Corvette Aluminum Jack Jacking Lift Pads Puck C5 C6 Z06 | eBay

Corvette C5 C6 Jack Jacking Lifting Aluninum Pads Pucks | eBay

Thanks!!

jacking pucks.JPG

They both come as a set of 4. The left one are $60 shipped, and the right one are $55 shipped.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm in the market for some jacking pads for my C5. I'm interested in these 2 sets on ebay. Does anyone have an opinion of either set being a better product, or more user friendly over the other (other than the cost, roughly $5)?

Thanks!!

View attachment 14693

They both come as a set of 4. The left one are $60 shipped, and the right one are $55 shipped.

I've got the ones on the right, they work fine. Being shorter probably would give you a bit more options on the jack you use...

I made my own pads from hockey pucks and eye bolts. The pucks came from Play It Again Sam, and the bolts and hardware from Ace. Total cost was $5.00, and you can store them in a hatch well without hearing them rattle around. The machined aluminum pucks are pretty, but don't work any better. In fact the rubber is less likely to allow the jack to slip while raising the car.

Are those leave in place pads? I don't know, call me cheap, but I made my pads out of some 2 x material and eye bolts. They work great and didn't cost me anything, materials I had around the shop.

Looks like my hockey pucks Tom.

Frankly Rich, I couldn't find the hockey pucks, :L so this is what I came up with. Either one would work. :w

Interesting, I never thought of making my own! Thanks for the awesome ideas! Ya'all are the bestest! Thanks for the input :thumb

Frankly Rich, I couldn't find the hockey pucks, :L so this is what I came up with. Either one would work. :w

I know there are hockey pucks in Kansas. I knew a few of them when I was stationed at Ft. Leavenworth. :upthumbs

I have a set of aluminum ones but stopped using them as they left small dimples in the frame, went back to hockey pucks I got from Walmart.

Jacking pads

I want to put side screens on my 2004 Z and will have to take my front wheels off so, do I need the jacking pads or can I just use my floor jack as long as I'm on the frame:upthumbs

I want to put side screens on my 2004 Z and will have to take my front wheels off so, do I need the jacking pads or can I just use my floor jack as long as I'm on the frame:upthumbs

Depends almost entirely on the jack pad. Neither of mine will lift the car without running the risk of slipping.

Drive up on a 2x6 or cut and stack them staggered, drive up on them you will than have more room for your jack. be careful not to put the jack under the fiberglass sill if the jack has a metal head pad it with something so it does not dimple the frame. And of course block the rear tires when jacking..... safety first..l

Thanks!!

View attachment 14693

I have a set similar to the one on the right from Elite Engineering (they come in a small box that fits perfect in the rear well). From what I have heard, it will not work properly on a C6 Z06. The one on the left appears to be a C6 version which would probably work in a C5. The newer versions have grooves on the bottom to help prevent slipping on the jack. My low-profile jack has a rubber pad on the jacking surface to help prevent slipping.

$1 hard rubber hockey pucks work just fine

:pat

I have the short ones on the right, work fine. the thicker ones will make it hard to get some jacks under. I know you can drive up on a bit of wood, but's that's an extra step. I like it simple.

I made some of wood and of pucks they both eventually cracked.

The alum will not hurt the frame.

:)

I've seen some of your stuff on YouTube Froggy. Good job!

I've seen some of your stuff on YouTube Froggy. Good job!

Thanks, some are better than others, just trying to help the "folks" as O'Reilly says.

I made my own pads from hockey pucks and eye bolts. The pucks came from Play It Again Sam, and the bolts and hardware from Ace. Total cost was $5.00, and you can store them in a hatch well without hearing them rattle around. The machined aluminum pucks are pretty, but don't work any better. In fact the rubber is less likely to allow the jack to slip while raising the car.

I wanted to do the same but try finding hockey pucks in the South.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom