Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

James Garner's L88

Azul Duck

I suspect I am late to the party, I did not know James Garner owned a '68 with the iconic L88:

"James Garner's Rare Factory-Built 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 For Sale"

The article is year old. I also was surprised it was a convertible with the flimsy hard top installed. At least the coupe had some reinforcement in the center of the T-Top, or so we were told. But don't you think a full roll cage was installed when raced?

Welcome to the CAC.

James Garner's American International Racing team actually campaigned 3 1968 L88s. All convertibles with the hardtop as they were lighter in weight and the extra strength of the T-top didn't matter once the full roll cage was installed. There is a lot online about the James Garner American International Racing Team. Here are all 3 cars together.

Tom

Attachments

• James Garner L88s.jpg
    James Garner L88s.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 72
I suspect I am late to the party, I did not know James Garner owned a '68 with the iconic L88:

"James Garner's Rare Factory-Built 1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 For Sale"

The article is year old. I also was surprised it was a convertible with the flimsy hard top installed. At least the coupe had some reinforcement in the center of the T-Top, or so we were told. But don't you think a full roll cage was installed when raced?
Those James Garner Corvettes came through Clippenger Chevrolet in Covina California. I had just ordered my 69 coupe from that dealer, when the race team. All American Racers, was just being formed

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom