Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

JCL Spiral Baffle---first road test

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just drove Killer to and from work today and had my first shot to get up on the road and let the exhaust really sing.

The baffles are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car feels like a million bucks, the sound is sweet and tight. It revs easier and quicker.

The volume level is no worse than what was there before.

What an amazing product.

They sound the best when I let off the throttle and let the engine brake my speed.

Someday I will get some equipment that will let me record video/sound and I will figure out a way to post it here.

Many thanks to Scott at the C3Sharktank.

If you can get a video tape of the car, I'd be happy to encode it for you. Maybe a member who is geographically closer might offer to help, though. That might be easier than shipping tapes.

Glad the baffles work out well. My next Shark will definitely have side-pipes, and this really sounds like it might be the way to go...

Joe

Chris,

All you need is a personal recorder like you take statements with at work and a cable to plug it into your sound card, basically hooking the headphone plug in the recorder to the line in plug on the sound card. (I think those are called RCA plugs but in any event any respectable Radio Shack can set you up for under $10). Fire it up with the Windows Sound Recorder program running and you'll be posting "Killer" sounds faster than you can imagine.

Bob

Chris,

Glad to see you had a chance to "test" them out :L too bad you live so far up north or I'd bring my video camera along for a ride. I could always mail the camera to you if need be, but it would have to be after March 1st. Beg, borrow or steal from the neighbors and get a good digital video camera and do some tire "testing" too :D

I just remembered our friend TZRACER has a digital camera that also has some kind of brief MPEG or something like that built in. I have to check with them.

My mother in law has a nice video cam, but it is not digital, so it would have to be converted.

I don't know if my mini recorder would really capture the sound all that great, since it can hardly capture a voice!

I will work on something.

He Scott.....maybe we could at least hook up at a Saturday night cruise at Old Towne?????

Chris- I don't think the video has to be digital for you to get it on the computer, when Brutus was here we even hooked up his old VHS-C recorder that played PAL format to mine. We could meet at Old Town some time, although we'd have to get Larry aka: silvervetteman to show us a good spot for "testing" :L

" Baffles........."

Chris. Glad you like............... JCL

SCOTT show me the JCLs!

I've heard nothing but great things from these spiral baffles Scott. How can i get ahold of some. I heard you were the man to contact. Can anyone help me find scott? He's missing...

andrew mckernon

Man ,i got to get a set of jcl's for mine.:D so chris what were you running before ,open pipes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom