Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jelopnik gets a warning letter...

Mac

Administrator
Corvette
1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
...an-n-n-d they're off!

I'm always amused at the hissy fit GM or its suppliers/vendors throw when images of next gen Corvettes "leak" out and cause a media frenzy, while laughing behind their hands with glee at the free publicity. Think about it: in the past few days, the number of people who've ever heard of Omega Corp. has increased tenfold and excitement has increased once again in anticipation of the C7 release.

There are only 2 things I think is 'scary' about the incident: that we (the public) are so predictable and easily manipulated... and the mental image I get of a C7 with that front clip.

Of course, that's just me and I may be going through a very cynical stage at the moment. :L

:wJane Ann

I can't blame GM for wanting to drum up a bit of excitement or for trying to protect the surprise for that matter... but threatening letters? :eyerole

-Mac

I can't blame GM for wanting to drum up a bit of excitement or for trying to protect the surprise for that matter... but threatening letters? :eyerole

-Mac
Remember the story a few years back - must have been prior to the release of the C6 - about the fella who had a couple suits knock on his door and grill him about ?? whatever? Must have been photos. To me, THAT was over the top. :ugh

To me, if I have an idea and send it to a manufacturer and have them sign a non-disclosure, both sides should take that very seriously. GM has time to change vendors before the 2014 Corvette goes into production so be very careful Omega Corp.

If I were GM, I would hit back hard as well. Just because it's big money GM, does not mean it's not as important. They just plainly have more money to defend it.

I think it's more the breach of security than the image...and if there were no breach, there would not be the image.

Chuck M

oooowh.....govern yourselves accordingly..........I'm going to use that on my kids next time.........;LOL

The real truth will be when the car is finally produced and we see how much it matches the video or photo. :w

In reality, GM has no problem with whatever keeps the upcoming C7 in the public eye. There will be leaks, most intentional, and they will be more frequent as the public unveil approaches. This "oops" stuff has been happening as long as I can remember. The threat of legal action raises awareness all over again. It's a game, remember that. Even GM couldn't afford all the press that is going to result from all the "oops" moments have have occuerred and have yet to occurr. Believe it,or not, this stuff happened much more back in the day when model year changes meant actual changes to every brand, and every model.

It's all part of the dance.

The fat lady will sing in mid-to-late 2013 when they pull the sheet off the 2014 production car.

Why Hide?

I can't for the life of me figure why GM wants to hide pics. It's not like there is a competetior to the Corvette out there who would steal their design.

The fat lady will sing in mid-to-late 2013 when they pull the sheet off the 2014 production car.

Actually, the sheets come off in January 2013, and by late April, you will be able to crawl all over them and talk to the designers at the National Corvette Museum "Bash."

Actually, the sheets come off in January 2013, and by late April, you will be able to crawl all over them and talk to the designers at the National Corvette Museum "Bash."

And I will be there again!! It'll be 9 in a row!

And I will be there again!! It'll be 9 in a row!

Me too. Reservation at the Country Inn and Suites placed. I expect hotel rooms to be scarce as the Bash dates near.

I'm hoping the new C7 will be at the Dertroit Auto Show.:thumb

Tank

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom