Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Jerking/shifting hard, when going into DRIVE or REVERSE-from PARK position?????

S

Scottyboy

97 C5>>>>Just got through cleaning the MAF sensor and throttle body (Due to my Son over oiling the air filter).
Anyway, took care of that problem, but the same code is coming up. (P0102)will not erase >>( MAss or Vol. air flow circuit low Input)
She is back to running great, except now she is shifting REAL hard into gear from the parked position. She shifts out of every other gear just fine to me, even though my son said it was hard coming out of first as well???NOTE: I called my Vette Mechanic, and he said they will do that if idled too high? But if this is so, why did it just start after i simply cleaned the MAF&TB?
Could this have anything to do with me cleaning the mass air flow sensor or the TB? Or could it be due to the fact that the trans fluid needs changing?
I mean, to me seems like it would be due to me doing the cleaning, since i had no check engine light on untill then?And also, wouldn't it cause a problem in every gear if it had anyhting to do with the fluid needing to be changed?
ANybody know what i should do first?
Thanks!

1st welcome to CAC!!
enjoy the forums!!!
2nd sounds like your linkage is binding...

Thanks for the input!

I am by no means a mechanic! What exactly is that?Lol>>> Is it an expensive fix?????
And is it at all linked to me messing with the MAF or TB? Because i did not notice it untill then.
Thanks so much!

Welcome to CAC, Scottyboy. Sounds a bit fishy doesn't it? I'm guessing that there is a connection, but I'm no mechanic either, so I will defer to those who are.

Maybe GMJunkie, or LLC5 will jump in here.

Update on the hard shift out of park!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replys so far!
Just called my Vette Man again and he better explained it!
He said that of corse it had something to do with me cleaning the MAF. (He said it simply some how changed the idle speed-thus makes it jerk going into gear)
He said hopefully I did not damage one of the wires? Which I don't know how I could have because i never touched one.(Just sprayed the cleaner on it to remove the air filter oil.)
Anyway, he ofcorse said to bring it in, and that if it was what he throught it was, he would get me in and out for under 80 bucks.
Wish he would tell me what he thought it was? But he's not gonna do that! Lol
Anyway, >>>> If anyone reading this happens to know how i can save the trip and the 80 bucks i would love to here from them sometime today!!!
I will probably take it in to the shop tomorrow if no one replys with an idea.
DANG MAN!!! NEVER THROUGHT PULLING,CLEANING,OILING AND RE-INSTALLING AN AIR FILTER COULD CAUSE SUCH A BIG PROBLEM!!!!!
Thanks to everyone for the help and for welcoming me!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom