Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jerry's 1993 Ruby Project (Link)

echo4golf

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Coupe
Hi Folks,

I'm keeping track of my car projects over here if you're interested. Nothing too out of the box, but I thought folks might like to share. Comments welcome.

Best,
Jerry

Got kicked off that site a few times.

Is a bit different than this one. But I started there and wanted to keep the thread there.

Best,
Jerry

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

:thumb I can relate.

Hi Folks,

I'm keeping track of my car projects over here if you're interested. Nothing too out of the box, but I thought folks might like to share. Comments welcome.

Best,
Jerry

Nice lookin 93, I have the same year. I read your post on the other forum and read your list. On the speaker that's not working....I understand a lot of times it's the capacitor on the amp for that speaker. Might want to check that out as it's a fairly cheap fix. I remember reading about it on this forum. Hope you have fun in ironing things out a little at a time. Nice little project!

Nice lookin 93, I have the same year. I read your post on the other forum and read your list. On the speaker that's not working....I understand a lot of times it's the capacitor on the amp for that speaker. Might want to check that out as it's a fairly cheap fix. I remember reading about it on this forum. Hope you have fun in ironing things out a little at a time. Nice little project!

Thanks! Oddly enough, I pulled the misbehaving amp out entirely on Monday and, when I disassembled the case, it looked like new. I went ahead and pulled the passenger side box as well and switched them around, so I know that it's the amp and not the wiring or speaker. I also did some more reading and found out that I can use amps from a couple of other cars that are a bit newer and more available, so I'm going to hit some junkyards soon. It's almost academic though, because, as nice as it sounds, it's a 25+ year old stereo. I think that rather than putting the money into it, I'd rather replace the whole thing. I've been looking at Andriod based tablet installs, and I think I'm going to start accumulating the parts to put one of those in.

Best,
Jerry

Thanks! Oddly enough, I pulled the misbehaving amp out entirely on Monday and, when I disassembled the case, it looked like new. I went ahead and pulled the passenger side box as well and switched them around, so I know that it's the amp and not the wiring or speaker. I also did some more reading and found out that I can use amps from a couple of other cars that are a bit newer and more available, so I'm going to hit some junkyards soon. It's almost academic though, because, as nice as it sounds, it's a 25+ year old stereo. I think that rather than putting the money into it, I'd rather replace the whole thing. I've been looking at Andriod based tablet installs, and I think I'm going to start accumulating the parts to put one of those in.

Best,
Jerry

Hope you keep some notes on the android install if you decide to go that route. I had my unit out twice now for CD repair and thinking there won't be a next time. I understand the vats is intergrated in the stereo head unit and has to be bypassed somehow. Please post your progress as you move along, interesting stuff.

Hope you keep some notes on the android install if you decide to go that route. I had my unit out twice now for CD repair and thinking there won't be a next time. I understand the vats is intergrated in the stereo head unit and has to be bypassed somehow. Please post your progress as you move along, interesting stuff.
I'll plan on it. The vats issue can be programmed around, AFAIK. But that means going the whole programming route before I do the 'droid work.

Actually, come to think about it, I've got almost everything I need except for a chip burner, chips, and the piggy-back adapter. So that part might happen this winter.

Jerry

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom