Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

John Z Great Article!!!!!

Sting Ray

Corvette
1967 Red Convertible
Read the current issue of CE at work today (it was alittle slow :D) Great article about the A.O. Smith body plant in it. I don't think I have ever seen that much info on the "Other" body plant ever before in one article or text. I also see that another member helped with a pic. for the article.

Anyone who ever wanted to know anything about there A.O. car should get a copy to see in pics where there cars differ from the St. Louis cars.

Thanks for the good read,

Tom M

Thanks - I thought it was about time someone told the A.O. Smith story. Wish I had taken photos back in those days - when GM Photographic was disbanded about eight years ago and their stuff was eventually moved to the GM Media Archives, hundreds of thousands of photos were lost, and they have NO photos of the Corvette plant after 1962, and none from A.O. Smith either - they're hard to scare up these days - I grab them anywhere I can find them and credit the folks who gave me permission to use them.
:beer

I'm guessing you're talking about Corvette Enthusiat magazine? I didn't see an article...I'm looking in the May 2006 issue.

You know I have not received CE in some time now, I will have to go to a book store to pick it up, I wonder if I never renewed it.I always renew all of my magazines at corvettes of Carlisle.

I just dont remember if they were taking subscription renewals there or not.

For all to see

Anybody interested in scanning a page and posting it, that way we could all enjoy the article. :)

Stepinwolf

Bob,

I will try to get a scan of it, but you might have to post it.

Tom

stepinwolf said:
Anybody interested in scanning a page and posting it, that way we could all enjoy the article. :)

Stepinwolf
buy a copy, andy bolig needs the job. :D

motorman said:
buy a copy, andy bolig needs the job. :D

Here in the bondock's, we are fortnate to be able to get the local paper. Were I to drive around ALL the magasine resellers, I CAN GUARANTEE you that no copies of the magasine, could be found in a thousand mile radius.

However I would like to thank for your concerns, regarding my request.

Stepinwolf

Once again, what issue of Corvette Enthusiat is it? The latest one I have it May...didn't know June was released yet. Thanks.

Bob, as soon as I recieve my issue of the magazine with that article I'll be glad to scan it and email it to you.

BarryK said:
Bob, as soon as I recieve my issue of the magazine with that article I'll be glad to scan it and email it to you.

Thank you Barry, I should have directed my request to you in the first place.

Thank's for your understanding.

Regards
Bob

I just got mine in the mail in the last few days. Yours could show up any day.

BarryK said:

Barry,

Have you noticed that you can usually tell what model year of Corvette the Forum members drive, just by the tone of their interaction, and responses with other members. ;)

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
Barry,

Have you noticed that you can usually tell what model year of Corvette the Forum members drive, just by the tone of their interaction, and responses with other members. ;)

Stepinwolf

I'm not sure I get this response...but I would be interested to know what model year you think I drive?

Oh and also provide what month the article showed up in CE, that would great too...:)

TorchZ said:
I'm not sure I get this response...but I would be interested to know what model year you think I drive?

Oh and also provide what month the article showed up in CE, that would great too...:)

I'm sorry if you felt like I was referring to you, my comment was just meant in a general sense.

As far as what month if appeared, well in as much as I don't receive the issues, nor can purchase them locally, I would be at a loss to tell you precisely what month the article appeared in. However logically with the start of this thread describing it as appearing in the latest issue, I would guess it would narrow down things a little

Regarding the " what year you drive issue " well I have no idea, but we all know when the Torch Red exterior color became available.

regards Bob

a.k.a. Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
I'm sorry if you felt like I was referring to you, my comment was just meant in a general sense.

As far as what month if appeared, well in as much as I don't receive the issues, nor can purchase them locally, I would be at a loss to tell you precisely what month the article appeared in. However logically with the start of this thread describing it as appearing in the latest issue, I would guess it would narrow down things a little

Regarding the " what year you drive issue " well I have no idea, but we all know when the Torch Red exterior color became available.

regards Bob

a.k.a. Stepinwolf

No apologies necessary Bob. I just consider myself one of the younger ones who own a mid-year, so I thought because I had to ask twice, the second inquiry may have seemed impatient, which it wasn't meant to be, I just wanted to read the article.

I found out through the other forum, it was actually the June issue. Wasn't aware it hit the shelves yet, since I just bought the May one a couple weeks ago. I'm headed down to the magazine shop in the morning and if they have it, I'll scan it in....:beer

BTW, 63 Vert and an 04 Z.

Mike

Bob,

Sorry to say, I left it at work, but will get it tomorrow.

Tom M

My subscription ran out some time ago... I'll have to pick up a copy. Looking forward to to reading the article.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom