Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Jumper wire for security system 1984

iambutch1

Corvette
1972 Corvette rebuild complete and driving
I have a 1984 which I am in the process of rebuilding and customizing. Having problems with the security system. In the shop manual and the Y book they make reference to utilizing a jumper wire to circumvent the security system. Both books reflect where the jumper goes and meations the wire ga. and GM number for the connectors. Problem is that nothing that I have shows how to make the jumper. Which wire in one plug in goes to the other plug in at which wire, ect. Any ideas where to look. Or is there anyone who can send me some info? Your help is greatly needed.

Thanks
Mike

Security System?

The only security system I've got on mine is the one that beeps the horn when you lock the doors and then open one of the contacts (either door or hatch). Is this what you are talking about?
--Drew:w

Jumper Wire

Mine sets of the horn as the alarm, but also shuts down the current to the starter and the fuel to the throttle body. Once it is armed then the only way that I know of is to unlock the one of the doors with the key. Right now I have the doors off and am working on them. I had the engine tweaked, rebuilt, bored, shaved, and cammed up. Just can't wait to here it run.:cry :cry

Sorry

I checked and mine shuts down too. Butch, you have mail.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom