Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(June) Site update - a quick note from your Callaway moderator, w/in>

*89x2*

Fellow Callaway Owners & Enthusiasts – I wanted to take a moment and give a quick site update and fill in everyone on some of the Callaway happenings that have been occurring –

As I am certain you know, summer is here – And with summer, comes a full season of Corvette shows and events.

The BIG EVENT of course is our annual gathering of Callaways @ Carlisle – at the Corvettes @ Carlisle show in Pennsylvania at the end of August :cool All the info for the event can be found in this thread: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63247 with updates as the come in.

Please take the time to sign up for the event early and if I can assist with hotel arrangements, please drop me an e-mail @ turbo_2xs@hotmail.com and I will get you all the info J

I have talked with Turbo Joe (Magic Dragon) and he is excited about the 3rd annual Callaway Creeper Challenge after the Owners Dinner –

It is important to note, the Owners Dinner will be held on Friday night, as many Owners had asked in the past if we could participate in the Corvettes @ Carlisle downtown parade (with our cars) and I am VERY pleased to announce that we as a group will be doing this in 2005!

Also announced and related to our gatherings at Carlisle, I hope everyone has seen the new bright red shirts that pay tribute to Chip Miller, co-founding partner of Carlisle events who passed away last Spring.

As many folks know, Chip was a great fella, and a genuine friend to the automotive hobby – I was especially glad to have known him and greatly appreciated his support he gave over the years both personally, and of the Callaway Owners Group at his Carlisle show –

Through the ideas of some of the owners, we have come up with a neat way to give something back to Chip, through his charitable foundation –

Please take the time to read info and I hope to see everyone in RED on Sat. @ Carlisle!

http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Pages/redshirt.htm

Here is the red shirt:
redshirt4.JPG

First C6 SuperNatural DELIVERED!

The first Callaway C6 SuperNatural Corvette has been delivered! Presented to its new owner at the end of May, this black on black coupe is the first of what we hope are many SuperNaturals to come – It is nice to see the heritage come forth, by continuing the SNAT name and emblems that was just released –

The new owner is a Chevy dealer so if you had your heart set on being the first; you can still buy the car!

C6 SNAT thread: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69309

25526.jpg

In addition to the cars, Callaway has begun delivery of their Power Groups for the C6 cars – while there was a slight delay in getting the product out, it seems to be well worth the wait, as I have read feedback from more than a few owners of the C6 Honker™ Airbox who were seemingly impressed with the quality – BTW – the price cannot be beat either!!!!

All of the Callaway products from the B2K C4’s through the C5’s and current C6’s can be found here at: http://www.callawaycars.com/store

Hot off the press!!!

Unless you have been hiding under a rock, you have surely seen all of the Callaway coverage in the various Corvette Magazines over the past few months –

This month, Corvette Enthusiast Magazine ( www.corvetteenthusiast.com )

Takes the Carlisle Callaway Corvette out for a spin – all the details can be found on your newsstand today.

frontpg_left.jpg

Also this month, VETTE Magazine has an install & Comparison of the Callaway Honker™ Airbox for the C5 – it made sizeable gains in power over a “popular competitor” and made for an interesting article!

In addition to that, Chris and Vicki’s (SpeedyC12) Callaway C12 Speedster was featured on the cover and in the pages of Corvette Fever Magazine – A couple years ago, these cars were drifting off to the land of the forgotten and it is through the enthusiasm here, that we are seeing them more and more!

Speaking of coverage, the C.O.G.
cog.gif
Callaway of the Month is online for June and can be found at:
www.callawayownersgroup.com in the images, you will see a series from the testing and development where the car is literally flying past the lens – Very cool!

As always, if you have a Callaway or know of one that you would like to see featured, drop a note to turbo_2xs@hotmail.com with the details – chances are someone else is just as enthused about the car as you and we can get it online for everyone to see!

In the meantime, enjoy your Callaways and watch the site for updates in the coming weeks and PLEASE don’t forget to register early for Carlisle, as some tells me that rooms may be running out quickly!

Thanks for your participation here @ the :CAC
cog.gif
It simply would not be the group of enthusiasts that we are without the level of participation here !

- Chris

Chris,

Awesome Article...

Thanks for the update and see you at Carlisle

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom