Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just a couple things.

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
First of all I really do appreciate the help provided from you guys, Im young but fairly auto knowledgable, however I would have never been able to get where I am with my car if it wasnt for you guys. That said I have a couple more little things Id like to ask you all about.

4+3 Tranny Knob (In knob button) Is it supposed to wiggle? I mean 15 degree either way.

Has anyone ever installed the upgradeed window motor/Racks from a 86+ installed into a 84-85 (Ecklers has part) Asking on the labour.

Is there a REALLY good product to bring back PERMANENTLY the black out of the plastic under the hood? Id like to make everything Hod Rod style new under there.

It it normal to be able to wiggle the steering wheel about 1/2 in all directions? I mean the play in the Tilt mechanism not the wheel it self. (I have an aftermarket anyway)

And finally I'd like to get in touch with someone who knows ALOT about the cruise control and mabe the A/C please.

Thanks alot guys I am working REAL hard on getting a camera to catalog the build on my car to show you guys my HAUNTED nightmare (Jokes):J

BigRed said:
4+3 Tranny Knob (In knob button) Is it supposed to wiggle? I mean 15 degree either way.

No, it shouldn't wiggle that much. It attaches at the rear of the button by snapping in place over two tabs in the knob, while the front snaps onto the t-bar itself. Yours sounds like one or both of the rear two tabs is broken.
Has anyone ever installed the upgradeed window motor/Racks from a 86+ installed into a 84-85 (Ecklers has part) Asking on the labour.
No.
Is there a REALLY good product to bring back PERMANENTLY the black out of the plastic under the hood? Id like to make everything Hod Rod style new under there.
FOREVER BLACK!! I highly recommend this product. Just yesterday I was admiring some plastic pieces that I used the stuff on last winter when I re-did my interior. The pieces are the ones on either end of the dash pad where the windshield posts meet the cowl. They are exposed to UV radiation constantly out here, but they still look like they did when I used Forever Black on them over a year ago. I've used it on the body side moldings too, and they still don't need a re-application a year later. As I said, I highly recommend this product.
It it normal to be able to wiggle the steering wheel about 1/2 in all directions? I mean the play in the Tilt mechanism not the wheel it self. (I have an aftermarket anyway)
Again, no way should the steering wheel move that much. It is not uncommon for that mechanism to wear prematurely; people have a tendency to pull on the steering wheel when they exit the vehicle, and that causes the locking mechanism to wear out. I've had mine replaced and it makes a world of difference.
And finally I'd like to get in touch with someone who knows ALOT about the cruise control and mabe the A/C please.
Call for Mike Vigil! (VIGMAN) ;)

Good luck.

_ken

I had an 84 about 15 years ago . The long nylon strap like gear broke . Replacements weren't available then so the dealer ordered me a whole new assembly . It superceded the one I had and was like the 86 unit . It came with directions but I did have to drill new holes for it . I was worried ! I didn't think there was much chance of it working , but , son of a gun , it did ! If I can , you can . Cliff

cruise control

The new Corvette Fever has a good article on trouble shooting and repair of the cruise control.
:w

Ok cool thanks Ken, and I'll grab an issue of Fever..

Calling Mike Vigil LOL!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom