Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just back from Carlisle....tired but here are some thoughts...

1KULC7

Corvette
2014 Convertible
Just got in....got flat tire on trailer and needed to make pit stop. Had a spare and changed it...managed to get back on road quickly.

Well, based on my limited amount of time walking around I will do short bullets on my impressions:

• Friday seems to be bigger now then Saturday
  • More Corvettes then ever...
  • More Vendors then ever, cutting down the amount of Vettes able to park on the fun field.
  • Still best ham and cheese sandwiches around....however food prices are expensive, prices keep going up every year.
  • Rest rooms still kept very clean...under very crowded conditions...good job by the custodians..I hope you left a good tip, these guys work hard.
  • More VERBAL Adds running on the PA system...annoying...
  • More Mid Years then ever parking in the 63-67 Registery...
  • Big Thank you to Cindy and her husband for being great hosts
  • Finally the Museum announced doing an event that will be a annual gathering of C1, C2 and C3 Corvettes in October, bad news during the same weekend as Freestate Corvette Clubs Ocean City Event.
  • Vendors seemed to have more items to SELL this year and they certainly did sell...
  • Rumor still flying around the Fairgrounds is going to close because of the National Guard taking over....but Carlisle officials say NO.
  • Met several of the Formum Members...really great to met people in person.
  • Weather was good Friday, good Saturday, less no sun, lousy today, most left by 10:00 AM because of drizzle and some rain.
  • Grand Sports were remarkable
  • Burn out was really a good addition to the show.
  • More Tool vendors and Jewlery vendors then ever...
  • It you wanted a die cast, you came to the right place.
  • Never saw so many tin signs being sold...several large selections of vintage tin signs for sale
  • Easy to go through your credit limit..
  • NCRS now located outside the grounds near gate one...actually a real good set up for them.
  • Finally, seemed like there was very little C1 and C2 parts for sale on the ground, most was for the C3 and C4. I was told by several people the C1 and C2 parts are just plain rare and more vendors are now shifting toward selling C3 and C4 parts because they are more readily available....thought this was interesting. When ballest resistors start selling for $100.00, then you know something is wrong.
  • Miller's still have class and do one of the best Corvette Shows in the world....looking forward to next year...

Thanks, that's a great summary for thos of us not able to join the fun this year. Was it as hot as two years ago (38C) ?

Rob Musquetier
The Netherlands

Thanks, that's a great summary for thos of us not able to join the fun this year. Was it as hot as two years ago (38C) ?

Rob Musquetier
The Netherlands

I had a great time as well

Fridays heat was unbearable from 2 pm on.

It was soo hot that at around 4 pm I had to get out as quick as I could.Ran back to the hotel Jumped in the pool and took a nap untill around 7 pm.

Colin,

It was nice to meet you and to see your car, it looks even better in person. I am sure you can't wait untill Boston.

Tom M

Thanks for the report. Very informative summary. Once again I couldn't be there... maybe next year... yeah right!

I had a great time as well

Fridays heat was unbearable from 2 pm on.

It was soo hot that at around 4 pm I had to get out as quick as I could.Ran back to the hotel Jumped in the pool and took a nap untill around 7 pm.

Larry somehow I can see you doing just that! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom