Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just bought a '86 C4............

That certainly sounds like a beautiful car, I always thought the two-tone early C4s were particularly beautiful.

Beautiful car and WELCOME!!!!!!! Get some headers and do some of the other free mods and you'll wake your 86 up pretty good.

Hey, that is a great color. I too own the tu-tone bronze, however mine is an 85. Has for mods, keep doing your homework and talk to people that are familiar with tune-port injected motors. The wheel of choice is the ZR1 style due to the fact that you can get them in the right offset for your year and you can choose to get the 17X11 size for the rear to run the tire size 315/35-17. To go to the 88 up wheel will require the use of wheel spacers or a suspension change. I think you should just get the proper offset. If you choose this route, 17X9.5 wheels should have a 38mm offset front to rear, if you choose 17X11 rears- the offset should be 36.5mm. I hope this helps. Enjoy the vette. Bob. Oh yeah- Sumitomo is the tire I ran for my car as it came recomended by a friend. I love the tire. I run the 9.5" front and the 11" rear. I paid $1500 for the set and again must say that for the money I love them. It left me more to spend on other mods to the suspension like swaybars, bushings, and brakes. AT LAST I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Free mods?!?!?!

What are some of these "free" mods that will wake the car up?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom