Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just bought my 2nd corvette

Nice job Craig. I may have to drive mine up there and have you paint it next year. I love hearing about deals like that. And another nice Vette saved from the salvage yard too.

Keep the pictures coming as the job goes along.

.......... Nut

Thanks for the compliments, this was my first time painting a car and I pretty proud of how it turned out. I spent 170 hours preping and painting and finishing. I also repainted the interior and added some new parts that were missing or broken.

I've invested 4,200$ canadian in to the car. I had to rebuild the differential, new seals and bearings. I installed a new leaf spring, shocks and shock strut mounts. New struts and bushings, brake hoses and brake lines and universal joints and a new master cylinder.

I was able to do all the works myself, this saves a lot of $$$ in labour.

My next job is the clutch, it's not to bad but will need to be change before next spring. I'll probally pull the motor at the same time and check everything out this winter, the oil pan is pretty beat up so I can change it at the same time.

Next big project is my 79 vette, doing a complete frame off starting at the end of this sept. Hopefully it will be ready for next may.

Thanks agian.

Craig:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom