Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just completed my first winter project on the vette

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
So those of you from the CF forum may remember a long list I had of winter projects on the car.I had aquired all of my parts and material except for my 336 rear end of witch I have just found a supplier for.I wasnt because of lazyness not getting to my project its just because I have been having problems with my legs not wanting to co-operate

Saturday I left work earley 1pm and came home to acomplish 2 project's one was to replace the master cylender and the other was to replace the gas tank.
I was successfull in the master cylender replacement and it went flawlessly. ( I purchased a set of craftman flare wrenchs for this project and they make brake work simple)

I raised the car up on the lift to remove the spare tire tub to start on the gas tank and slipped on some brake fluid with my good leg that I had not cleaned up from gravity draining the master cylender and the bad leg is not strong enuff the hold the weight by itself so down I went, needless to say that was the end of the days work.I finally got into the garage tonight to clean up all the tools and parts I left out so I could pull the C5 back in the garage.(it was the first time since I owned it that it spent the night out of a garage) I am going to up load a picture of the new master cylender.

I just went to the other site to grab my list I had created this post is from 10/26/02

As posted

Well as you guys know I am collecting pparts and some info on my car to make what I call detailling repairs.I will list them
replace body mounts
replace steering box,I am also pulling entire steering collom as part of below repair and deatiling it and rag joint
remove clutch and brake pedal assembely to rebuild
remove all brake lines hose,s and clips,blocks
remove and replace mastercylender
remove and detail gas tank and rear wireing harness (harness has overspray on it
remove rear bumbers and install correct shims for a better alignment
remove aftermark radiator and install my original radiator with a dewitts replacement core
remove and replace powersteering valve and all hose's and clips
Install the correct t3 headlamps
pull off sidepipes and covers to detail frame behind the pipes.(the paint looks terrible)
remove exchaust manifolds to repaint and bake in my oven(I had painted them but when car was wet sanded and buffed they did not seal off my engine compartment and the manifolds look terrible.
remove the new suspention hardware I installed in spring to try and remove the surface rust
remove and bead blast then clear coat any thing else I can take off the bottom of car
install new front brake backing plates
install new whell bearings
install new front calipers

So as you can see I did not get anything done

I guess I should have read this thread first. Sorry to hear your leg is still giving you trouble. I hope the carpet helps!!

Thanks mac I am doing the best I can with what I have.My own fault this time I should have cleaned up the spill A.S.A.P. The carpet is to avoid slips again and to maintain traction.Normally I wear a brace when working on the cars just in case this time I did not have it on and am now paying for it .

You know I am just waiting for her to say I told you so (she did tell me to put the brace on) But I think she knows how disapointed I am at my self for slipping that she will save it more a better time to hit me with it

i am sorry about your legs i did not know it took me a while
to realized who you were with name chang i wish you better health
docmow

Thanks DOCMOW I have been taking it easey for a while and am now ready to pull the intake to ship out for reskinning.Maybbe put in the new gas tank and get the drive shafts out to send out to quanta

Where did that master cylinder come from???????
Was it rebuilt or what?
;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom