Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just curious-

Vettehead Mikey

Corvette
1973 Coupe
Why prompts people come here to ask technical questions.

Is it because they're 'new' to the hobby and are looking for Corvette specific information

Is because they are not technically inclined and want feedback from 'technogeeks'

Is it just a friendly way of starting a chat and the subject matter is actually secondary

Is it because they've had information overload from the media/other sources and want to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Some other reasons?

It's a good way to get away from the wife/girlfriend(LOL). I think Vette people have a comroderie that they like to share. I've had a Vette for over 30 years,
I'm always glad to share, why not? You don't know untill you ask. Another mans problem is someone elses solution. I think some of the newbie's come here because it's a logical place-where they going to ask at the Mustang website? I always hear some good stuff on this site. I'm sure some people like to chat for various reasons- let's get the goverment to commission a study.
I know this is a great site, I'm always looking to log on.

There's alot of things I've been involved with in keeping my Corvettes road worthy over the years, but I still find things I haven't tried yet, AND the resources here are usually first hand and explained so as even I can understand how to do it.

Folks also boost my confidence to try things I may otherwise farm out at $$$ but with a bit of HELP I will try, and with every success it's a great feeling and one that I willingly pass along too others.

Some questions get asked quite often, but it's always good to see members helping without the snide remarks and nasty attitude. Every person helped here learns something and probably will be helpful to others when they get comfortable with the personalities the frequent our Community..

Bud

A lot of ppl around my house are Mopar only so it's nice to be able to come here and talk Vette.

i guess the fact that they might need additional help for their particular problems couldn't enter into the equation, could it???????????????? lol

All of the above !!

The longer I'm into the vette scene the more I enjoy and value the camaraderie over the actual info exchange. There are times I still need help badly and I post for those reasons also but a huge part of the vette experience for most I believe is sharing with others that have the same interests. This board allows that to happen easily.

Happy vetting to everyone ! :beer

Because...

Because this is my first Corvette. If you notice on this (and other vette forums for that matter) most of the technical questions are fron new members with one or two months on their user avatar.
Very few board users actually stick around & continue to post after the first 1 or 2 years of signing on to a forum board such as this or Corvetteforum etc.

Fortunately, we do have folks (and a HUGE THANK YOU TOO!) who stick around and enjoy Vette talk and are more than willing to help, assist & offer tips, suggestions and answer totally noon questions.

I know when I first bought my first Vette (my first GM product ever btw) I had no friggin idea how the cap & rotor worked on these engines and WHY IN THE H#LL IS THE DISTRIBUTOR CAP ON THE BACK OF THE ENGINE!?!?! :L

But, as time has gone on, I've been able to help noobs, newer than myself find VIN info, chaged shocks, replace a stock radio etc etc...

Thanks for YOU old timers for passing it forward!

Ahhh...because:
1. its a tech board?
2. can't get answers from MySpace people?
3. not everyone is a know-it-all?

Because although I know almost everything, there are still a few gaps I need to fill.
And it's a good way to meet chicks.;)

1. Vette People are the best and friendliest
  2. Confirmation/second opinion from someone who has done something similar before
  3. Place to vent frustrations
  4. Corvette Specific Advice
  5. Parts Advice - What will work
  6. Share information on what you've done
  7. Share information on vendors to trust and good service in your area
  8. Support to expand your own experience and do new larger projects
  9. Link up with people close to you that can help with bigger projects like pulling the body
  10. Share common problems with some vendor parts
  11. Find out what's new or new ways to do things
  12. New users and seasoned users continue to learn
  13. Don't have to drive to club meetings.
  14. Did I mention that Vette People are the best and friendliest?

I have a bookshelf filled with Corvette/Chevy books.Sometimes its easier to post here than spend an hour looking something up.

Yeah, What they said!
Its like an interactive Corvette manual with friendly faces.
You can tell by my avatar that I have received help here numerous times! :L

Ya...my wife doesn't get it. She is always wondering what I'm doing on these boards.

Simple fact is a manual tells you WHAT to do but those that have actually done it tell you HOW to do it. Nothing like first hand experience.

It took me two years and a lot of reading to understand my car. I have fixed things I otherwise could not have. There is not much you can compare with the satifaction of getting something done right. I see others that have similar problem and feel I can give something back by helping them.

Jim

Ther's a great wealth of information among the members here, and it free for the asking. I think by asking a question even if you might know the answer, someone will suggest what not to do, or from experience tell you a short cut.
Corvette Action Center is a helpfull Corvette community, not a gang.. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom