Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just drove my first C5

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Whoa!

I am working in a different office today, and one of my counterparts has a sleek torch red 98 convertible with the six speed.

A few minutes ago he threw me the keys and said "check out that corsa exhaust system".

Well, I figured I had to take it out on the road to really hear it.

Man, that LS1 pulls hard and strong all the way to red line. The shifter was very tight and positive feeling, brakes were strong, and the overall wind and road noise was minimal.

No, I am not bailing on the 69 as of yet, but that was a whole lot of fun.

What he does not know really does not matter :_rock

I would expect anybody to do the same if I gave them the keys to my car unsupervised. That is also why I don't loan out the keys to my car!(see my Road Kill Geo Metro story)

He is actually selling it right now. I offered him $28K. No deal so far.

Hmmmmmmmmm, he also won't sign up on the forum. Says he does not have time for it.

I know the the feeling Chris. I went for a ride in 99 Conv't a couple weeks ago. Very smooth car!

I've got Z06 fever:_rock .........think I need aspirin :D

Jay

Sounds like you had alot of fun, Chris. :) I went from driving my 1979 Silver coupe to a 2001 and I couldn't believe the difference in the ride. Very smooth. Hope he changes his mind and accepts your offer. :)

:w
Patti

buy one buy one

you'll never regret it :) ive had a stingray too but NOTHING beats the power and ride of a C-5 lol:cool but dont make my mistake KEEP the RAY .. Im looking for another one :(

Re: buy one buy one

C5_CHICK said:
you'll never regret it :) ive had a stingray too but NOTHING beats the power and ride of a C-5 lol:cool but dont make my mistake KEEP the RAY .. Im looking for another one :(

As nice as that ride was today, it was missing something. It took a while to figure it out. I drove home and was out in the shop putting the headlight bulbs and trim in the 69 when it struck me. It was tooooooo smooth and nice. I would not know what to do if I did not have to rebuild/insulate/reconstuct/restore/paint, something every weekend.

Nikki would love it. She does not get into the projects as much as I do. To me, a car does not really get a personality until I have had it all apart and back together again.

He said he would take $34K and would strongly consider any offer over $30K.

He has been having some minor little electronic gremlins with it over the last few months and G.M. is no longer offering any warranty or customer satisfaction repairs for him. The last repair had to do with the steering column and cost over $900 to get it fixed. Plus, he just put $1,600 in tires on it. I think he is getting tired of it draining his wallet.

Re: Re: buy one buy one

69MyWay said:
It was tooooooo smooth and nice. I would not know what to do if I did not have to rebuild/insulate/reconstuct/restore/paint, something every weekend.

:upthumbs Now that's the spirit Chris! BTW, sounds like you had a ball in it, I can't wait to drive one myself. The first C4 I ever drove blew me away so I'm dying to drive a C5.

- Eric

Eric,

Stop by my place and I'll let you take mine for a spin. Besides, you said you wanted to hear the Corsa exhaust at September's Vette Together.

Racer,

You took the words right out of my mouth!! I was going to say drive a Z06!!! You think you are drooling now!!

Jim Shoemaker said:
Eric,

Stop by my place and I'll let you take mine for a spin. Besides, you said you wanted to hear the Corsa exhaust at September's Vette Together.

Oh geez, Thanks Jim! I am there man as soon as I kick whatever's been kicking my butt the last few weeks. I don't think you want me driving it half asleep and dizzy :eyerole.

- Eric

Racer78 said:
Jim,
Welcome to Corvette Action Center, that sounds like a nice C5 you got there :upthumbs
Keith :w

You're right Keith, now that the state has the end of my road closed, I'm forced to drive past it almost daily. This is where I would insert the drooling smilie if we had one.

- Eric

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for the compliments...it is a good ride. I can see new heads, a cam, and a Z06 intake manifold in my future.

Eric,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well; just stop by when you feel up to it. You know I'm home when the 'Vette's in the driveway.

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom