Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just drove the "new" C6

• Thread starter corvette_4765982
  • Start date
C

corvette_4765982

With all the gm excitement behind this car I just had to check one out for myself.
After seeing what porsche has done with the 2005 911(997) I have to admit
I was expecting the new corvette to totally blow me away in person. Porsche has in my opinion given the world what the old 911 (1999-2004)
should have been. Round headlights, flared rear fenders, a 3.6 liter engine. I mean this porsche totally makes me freak out. As for the Vette. I just don't think it's any sort of real follow up to the C5. Visually I think it is quite similar to a C5 in many ways. But, then I guess so is the out going 911 and the new one. The interior of the C6 has a much higher end feel to it. But, I don't really need a navigation system/touch screen in my car. I will tell you it does ride better than the C5 and seems to be quieter. The shifter seems to be alot shorter and more defined. The extra power is harder to pinpoint. It would seem to me that it is slightly faster than my C5, but I have done mods to my C5 so mine might not be the best comparision. I think they did a good job on the C6. Does this new car make me pine for one??? I think being part of the C4 /C5 transiton was really special. I owned a late model C4.To compare a C4 to a C5 is not fair. The C5 is just such a great car and was such a huge leap froward for corvette that improving it was such a huge job. I won't be buying a C6 anytime soon. My C5 is the best car for me right now. Don't hate me!! It's just my opinion!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom