Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

just got a 93 quasar blue 6 speed

M

mmark2

Just traded my 86 coupe 4+3 for a 93 quasar blue 6 speed. This car's a lot different than the 86. When I make a sharp right turn sometimes I hear an electric motor in the rear of the car turn on for a few seconds, is that the traction device checking in, or might there be a problem with the fuel pump??

mmark2,
Congratulations on the purchase of a awesome, and low production color ’93.

That may be your traction control being activated. If you feel the gas peddle relax, or the car momentarily loses power, that’s a sure sign to let you know the Active Slip Regulation (ASR) has become active. You would also see a indicator light flash on in the dash to alert you as well.

A test you could perform would be to deactivate the ASR by pressing the button above your headlight dial. Once you do this, you will see a ASR OFF light appear above the HVAC controls. Try the same maneuver and see if you have the sound occur again. With the ASR off, you should not have any electrical pump sounds.

If you were braking while performing the maneuver and wheel slippage had been detected, your anti-lock brakes would produce an “electrical pump” sound as your ABS became active. The brake pedal would pulsate against your foot (ABS can’t be disengaged).

B17Crew
:w

Congrats on the purchase of your '93! I've only seen a few Quasar Blue Vettes, and they ARE beautiful!

:w Barbie

Thanks for the advise B17Crew, went out at lunch time and tried it twice, once clicked on, then off. Didn't hear the whirring sound with it clicked off so I guess things are OK

Mark

Thanks Cool Driver, the color was what attracted me to this particular car, plus the 6 speed, WOW what a difference a few years in models make.

Mark

mmark2 said:
Thanks for the advise B17Crew, went out at lunch time and tried it twice, once clicked on, then off. Didn't hear the whirring sound with it clicked off so I guess things are OK

Mark

You’re welcome! :upthumbs

The ’93s are great Corvette to own, 40th year of Corvette production and ongoing refinement... and to mention it one more time, Quasar Blue is a captivating color.

B17Crew
:w

congrats man post some pics when you can

Congratulations on the new car! :w

Love that color. Congrats!....oh yeah, and welcome! - John

Quasar Blue?? Is that the lighter blue parent of the Admiral Blue which came out in 96??? I'm trying to picture it?? Anyone got pics of both???

HEY!!! Congrats on the 93 Qzr Blue!!!!! I feel your joy--check out my avatar!!! And to answer your question, yeah, that deep 'errrrrrrrr' you hear is the Acceleration Slip Regulation System kicking in. The ASR button (icon is a Vette rearend with swerve lines coming from behind it) is left of the steering wheel on the dash just above the headlight switch.
Try it off in a controlled environment. A lot of drivers say they leave their's off. I'm not that brave or nuts---forget it one time in the wrong situation and if you and your pride-n-joy survive the spin out, you can come back on here and tell us what it felt like to read your own license plate as it whooshed past your window!! ;LOL :w :Steer :lou

FFAST87 said:
Quasar Blue?? Is that the lighter blue parent of the Admiral Blue which came out in 96??? I'm trying to picture it?? Anyone got pics of both???

CHECK MY AVATAR!!!

Congrats on the new purchase!! Quasar blue is an awesome color!! Enjoy it!!

Jim

Congrats on the car! Your going to love it!

Congrats!

The Quasar blue is a beautiful color! One of my co-workers has a QB C4 but I can't recall the year model.

Enjoy!
:w Jane Ann

Yup, the color is pretty cool, it also has cloth seats (interior is dark grey), something I don't think I've seen in another C4, but I know they made some

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom