Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just got back from the drag strip

Legion21

Corvette
1996 Torch Red LT1 Coupe
I made 1 pass N/A and all the rest were on the juice. I am very happy with the results and actually posted better times than I expected.

old times from a couple of months ago
13.87 @ 98.4 mph DA of 2490'

today N/A with headers and 3" exhaust
13.61 @ 100.7 mph DA of 2750'

today w/ nitrous at the 125 jetting
12.63 @ 111.3 mph DA 2900'

I expected to hit the 12's but I was thinking more in the 12.9 area. The track was really slick and I was spinning bad in 1st and 2nd. My 60' times were 2.0's all day. I only broke into a 1.97 60' on the first run.

If you dont have nitrous you must buy it NOW!!!! it is a wonderful thing. the best part was an old C4 blowing past a C6 vette.

Greg

Some drag radials and a good burnout will get you another 0.4 or so. My 60' times went from 2.1-2.0 to 1.9-1.8 seconds.

I already have DR's. My 60' was 2.1 before them. The track was really slick today, I think if there were better conditions I could have been in the 1.9 realm.

Greg

Dang good #'s!!!
And hey, stop picking on those C6's. You'll hurt their feelings!:L

Great start...watch out for this car!

I was there with Greg Saturday...the conditions were as follows:

HOT, humid, and a 10+ MPH headwind coming straight uptrack. Considering conditions, the Vette performed admirably, surprising even me! The DA was atrocious, but normal for Florida racing conditions for late spring/early summer.

My impression is that there's a bit more to be had out of this combo, as is..mostly getting the suspension dialed and tires played with for better traction. These numbers were also had WITHOUT the benefit of any PCM tuning...stock programming only. Ya done good, Greg! :)

BTW... there was a C6 Z06 there as well, but the owner didn't make any runs down the track (I have no use for the lawnchair/polishing crowd showing up at the track!). The racers there, however, have my respect.

Greg,

Good numbers man! typically on a mostly stock car like ours (13 secs) a 100 shot will knock .8 to 1.0 seconds off your ET. so your 125 shot is making good power on your car! Get some 315's out back and stick some 1.7's 60' times and run some 12.30's :D

in good air you could hit 11's possibly as she stands! Very Impressive! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom