Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just got dual Super 40 Flowmasters.....

H pipe

H pipes melow the sound down a little. To me, that means quiets the sound. H pipes allow for equalized exhaust pressures, but definitely change the sound.

:) On my 79 L-82 auto, I have long tube headers coming off the engine and into straight pipes and it sounds great......:D

Well fellas, I've decided to make a change to my current exhaust setup. I'm going next week to the muffler shop to remove the H-pipe, and move the mufflers closer to the front of the car. I'm also going to run 3" pipe to the back of the car and get 3.5" echo tips if possible. Currently there is no pipe behind the muffler. The exhaust tips, which are square, are welded straight onto the outlet of the muffler.

I've heard several cars with flowmaster 40s that have a nicer sound than my current setup. To me, the car sounds for like a truck than a vette. Hopefully eliminating the H-pipe and getting 3" pipe with echo tips will deliver the sound I'm hoping for. I think Saleen Mustangs have an awesome exhaust tone. I know our cars have larger V8s, but maybe this new setup will get a sound more closer to that, than the current work truck tone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom