Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just picked up my new 2000 vert

arctic86

Corvette
99 BLK vert
just went to manchester new hampshire and picked up my c5 vert with 18000 miles,and boy do i love this car .I drove it back home to northern vermont witch is about 195 miles.
Dose's any one out their know of any cheep mod's i can do to the car next spring when i take her out for the season.Thank's in advance
save the wave!:)
p.s. I will take a few pictures and post them on the thread!

Congratulation!

You can start with the hood seal to keep en engine bay clean $20. My first mod was good Hawk brake pads ($200). Most of the new owner start with air intake (from dual cone at $25 on ebay to $300 for vararam). You can try metal sway bar end link $100. Upgrade the head light with PIAA 9005-6 $150. Bilstein sport shock for $300.

But the one I like the most is the catback. Since I have the corsa installed, I do not even listen to the radio. It is like music to my ears. I should have done it on day 1. This is one of the only mod we can always feel in the driver seat.

It depends on what is your objective. C5 has already good HP. I prefer upgrading brake and handling.

Thank's for the info vette 747 i think i will start out with the air intake and then to the catback system.
I see you live in montreal,me and my wife go up there now and again.maybe we will see you on the road some time.we live just across the border in swanton vermont.:beer

Congrats on the C5 vert! It's not cheap, but once I heard the Borla & Corsa cat-backs, I had to have that sound (went with Borla). Have fun with your "new" ride.

:w
Guy

arctic86 said:
Thank's for the info vette 747 i think i will start out with the air intake and then to the catback system.
I see you live in montreal,me and my wife go up there now and again.maybe we will see you on the road some time.we live just across the border in swanton vermont.:beer

Cool ! Let me know and we will take some pictures on the Montreal F1 circuit and go for a drink.

Hey, Arctic,
Congrats on the C5 purchase! You're going to find yourself thinking about just driving it more and more... daydreaming, in fact. Depending on your line of work, that may be unhelpful. ;)

Welcome to the C5 family, and please, when you do get some pics, feel free to post them. We love to :drool: over pics of each other's Vettes!

Oh- most importantly- don't forget to wave!

:w
-Patrick

Artic - congradulations on your new ride and welcome to the Corvette Action Center. For mods - go with:
  • A good air intake system (like a Donaldson Blackwing)
  • A good cat back system - with an x-pipe.
  • !st to 4th CAGS defeat switch
Remo:cool

Congrat's

Enjoy your ride, and unless you are like me, I need a bit more information on exactly what this is,

You can start with the hood seal to keep en engine bay clean $20.

What is the hood seal? Do you have a link to a picture or description of the hood seal?

Thanks

Thank's everyone for the help and kind word's,not able to get my picture's on the thread but i changed my advatar picture of my new car.once i figure it out i will post more!:upthumbs

:w Yes, definetly put the hood seal on plus the under door seals. Mid America has evertthing you'll need and more!!! They have a lot of interior mods too!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom