Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just put borlas on my 95 coupe!

E

Eyerock

I just put them on and am very pleased with the tone but they seem to get quieter as you accelerate? I left the resonator in place and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this combo with and without resonator in place. I would like more tone but dont want interior noise too loud for the wifey! Does the resonator need to be in place for backpressure? Or is it totally expendable.
Thanks For The Best Corvette Site In The WORLD!

I have a Resonator off of a 96 sitting in my garage... the design of the pipes is straight through. I can look directly through it and see thorough to the other end..

I have the Borla mufflers with the resonator still in place. They don't seem to me to get quieter as I accelerate. In fact they seem to get louder. Mabey yours aren't broken in yet. Mine had them when I bought it so I don't know what they were like when they were new. I thought they were going to be too loud at first, but now I like them just the way they are.

Eyerock said:
I would like more tone but dont want interior noise too loud for the wifey

Thanks For The Best Corvette Site In The WORLD!

It seems like a lot of the guys in here have that too loud for the wifey issue!:L :L

I would say that this is not only the best Corvette web site, but it's the best site that I've ever been a part of!:w

jstkrsn said:
They don't seem to me to get quieter as I accelerate. In fact they seem to get louder

I think that Eyerock probably meant to say that once he got up to cruising speed, they're not very loud?

Guys,

I was told that Borla's could be quite a chore to install, is that true?

I put elims on my '95, and love them, as well as the huge amount of $$$$ I saved. Also very easy to install.

Re: Re: Just put borlas on my 95 coupe!

BullWinkle said:
It seems like a lot of the guys in here have that too loud for the wifey issue!:L :L

Yeah go ahead and rub it in :nono :L

Once I'm done redoing my exhaust system I'll get the mufflers and look that I want and it'll have a 2 position knob on it. Wife mode and Husband mode :cu

Graham (Just call me Mr. Quiet Ride for now...)

I just installed a complete stainless 2 1/2 borla system on my 85. It was very easy to install and the sound is great. A lot of folks have made compliments on the sound as well as the look...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom