Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just Zaino'ed the Torch Red

L

leonm47

Well I'm not one to boast about one product or another but this past Thrusday had some time off and decided to give the Zaino a try. I bought the Z2, Z5, and ZFX. Followed the directions two coats of Z5 & Z2 and members let me tell u I've never seen the Vette shine like that before. A little time consuming as u have to let it set for 30 mins per coat but the results are awesome. It is definitley worth a try. The majority of surface scratches are gone now I feel about the Vette the way I did back in 99 before all the trips to the dealer. Oh yeah also washed in Dawn, clay bar, and rewash with Zaino car wash prior to applyiong the waxes.

I too have used the Zaino wax procedure on my black truck and yes it is fantastic the shine on such a deep color. I would imagine your Torch Red is awesome too.

I have heard that the Zaino waxes did not work very well if the vehicle is outside in the sunlight very often and that the wax breaks down and has low protection from the UV rays and the Sun.

Greekman

Gotta pipe in here!!

Greekman.. whoever told you about the Zaino "wax" breaking down in the sunlight and losing it's UV protection must seriously have been thinking about some other product not manufactured by Zaino! First it is not wax. Second, the sun does not affect it at all much less destroy it's UV properties.

Did you find the multi coats of Zaino applications to be more difficult than a regular wax job?? Have you applied the Z6 over the whole thing yet? Just wondering!

It is nice to hear both you and Leon expound on the virtues of the product though.. it does really work!

Save the Wave Bros. and Happy Polishing

My truck sits in a heated garage under a truck cover most the time, but I was told this by another member on the board of my National Truck Club. I haven't seen this breakdown happen since my truck isn't out in the elements much. I used the Zaino products for the shine and not the protection.

I did do all the procedures as instructed by Zaino and found the results very pleasing. It wasn't as hard as waxing, but did take some time and efforts as there were so many steps.

Oh My!!

Please accept my humble apologies.. I really didn't notice!
The first post you have here deserves at least a warm welcome.
Please accept it now.. you have found the absolute best Vette web site there is!!
Welcome fellow enthusiast!

Back to the Zaino.
The finish left by Zaino, unlike wax, is a very hard surface which is not affected (molten if you like) by the heat of the sun like a wax is. Each successive layer of Zaino builds incrementally on the previous one, again unlike a wax.. which has abrasives and actually removes a bit of the finish each time. Zaino keeps getting deeper and better.
Like yours, our baby is kept in a garage which even in the Canadian winters never gets down to freezing. So, in all honesty, it does not sit out in the sun for prolonged periods of time either. I have no reason whatever to question the wisdom of Sal Zaino .. he has understated the quality and effectiveness of his products since day one.
They truly are great polish products.
And yes, the beginning is a bit tedious, however, I think you will find that subsequent applications will be somewhat easier. No Dawn washing, no clay-bar.. just polish!!!! Enjoy it!!

I agree!
Once you get started, it gets easier with subsequint applications.
You can add a coat after a car wash or before a show very easily!

I will continue to use it.
Still have not tried the "ZFX" yet.

Tom,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom