Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kansas City Mechanic?

dshanks

Corvette
1971 4spd coupe - Charcoal Gray
Hi, I just got the vette running last night for the first time in 9 months.
Im looking for a reputable shop here in Kansas City that can finish tuning the car. Basically, I need a Quadra-jet, timing, and vacuum expert.

Someone who is honest and doesn't charge an arm and a leg is preferred of course...:)

Im also doing (and have done) all the other work myself, so I need someone who understands that I dont want them to fix everything, just the things that are over my head...

Not sure what part of KC you are in, but Lindan auto in Merriam KS is an excellent shop. They work on all types of cars, but the owner (Danny) is always restoring classic car and works on his own '70 Chevelle. My wife's uncle is doing a frame-off restoration of his 66 convertible 327 there and Danny is helping him with that. I am sure he would be able to help you out.

mikeumkc said:
Not sure what part of KC you are in, but Lindan auto in Merriam KS is an excellent shop. They work on all types of cars, but the owner (Danny) is always restoring classic car and works on his own '70 Chevelle. My wife's uncle is doing a frame-off restoration of his 66 convertible 327 there and Danny is helping him with that. I am sure he would be able to help you out.

Hi thanks for the tip, but Im not sure if I found the right shop...
I cant find one in Merriam, but I found:
Lindan Auto Mechanical & Body-9200 West 57th Street, Kansas City, KS 66102

Are we talkning about the same shop here? This one is near the Race track

the phone number to the place is 913-722-4243. That address looks right, but I dont think that is really near the racetrack, nor is it in KCK.

I just purchased a '70 L46, so maybe I'll see you around there.

Tell them that Mike sent you, if you tell them I just got the corvette, they will know which Mike you are talking about.

They are great, honest people there...they should be able to help you out.

mikeumkc said:
the phone number to the place is 913-722-4243. That address looks right, but I dont think that is really near the racetrack, nor is it in KCK.

I just purchased a '70 L46, so maybe I'll see you around there.

Tell them that Mike sent you, if you tell them I just got the corvette, they will know which Mike you are talking about.

They are great, honest people there...they should be able to help you out.

Hey, I was about to reply again, you beat me to it.
I already contacted Danny, and we're arranging a time when I can get my car in there next week. He seems like he's on the up and up. He claims to be working on several classics right now, so I think he's my man. He asked if Mike sent me...

Im just worried that it will take all day to get the thing tuned, costing me $750 or something. That would be a disaster considering I doubt they have that many dishes for me to wash. I hope I can get it close enough for him to be able to quickly adjust everything that needs it.
This is the first time the car has ever been to the shop. My dad and I have always done everything ourselves up to this point, and Im glad cause if I'd have paid to have this resto done, it would be a $100,000 car by now...

But thanks for the recommendation. Ill let you know how everything works out. If all goes well, Ill be burnin' rubber here in Waldo by next Friday!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom