Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kerbeck

Grizzly

Corvette
1967 Marlboro Maroon Coupe, 1992 White Convertible
Anyone had any dealings with Kerbeck, Mershon or Coffee they would like to share. I'm looking for places to pick up a used C5 within an easy day's drive of my home. I talked to them at Carlisle and they seemed fine, but then they are paid to.

Thanks....................

My dad bought his from the Kerbeck dealer in atlantic city. they were really nice and had an amazing show room. All in all they seemed like nice people to work through.

We have several friends who bought from Kerbeck, and they were all very pleased with their entire experience there...besides that, Kerbeck has the very best prices!

Elaine

I bought mine from Kerbick in May 2003, they followed through with every thing they were suppose to. Made the whole transaction very easy with no stress at all.:)

I did not like the used car dealing process at Kerbeck.

They wont budge on their prices, and they will give you dirt on your trade in.

They had an exact car as mine on the lot , 1995 Auto, grey interior with 19,000 miles on it for about 23K. My car had 23,000 miles at the time. They wanted 22900 for the one on the lot but said my was worth about 12000 on a trade in.

I was looking at a white 98 C5 with a 6 speed and the firethorn interior. The car had low miles, they wanted an average price. It needed tires bad, had the C5 crest missing from the nose and it was missing the drivers side floor mat.

They would not replace either the mat or the emblem. The price was the price, take it or leave it.

I left it. (But they did let me drive a Z-06 without question)

Well, let me tell you about my experience. I went to a local dealer because they had a used car like the one I bought. They wouldn't deal at all. I asked about new, and they told me MSRP. Mind you, I had the money in my pocket at the time. I told them I was going to Kerbeck.

I called Kerbeck and told them I wanted to try a 6 speed because none of the local dealers would let us test drive one. She told us to come on down and try one out, both me and my wife. We arrived on Friday evening and went to the showroom to look around. We met our salesman, David Brown, and he showed us the cars and told us about different features. We then spent two hours sitting in different cars and seeing if my wife could reach the pedals, etc. (Hint: They are very busy on Saturday, you are better taking a day off and going during the week). On Saturday we went back in, and David told us that we needed to get the full C5 experience. Since we wanted a convertible, he moved SIX cars out of the showroom so he could get a silver converitible out for us to drive. He took me out and then bravely took my wife out.:L

The car we wanted was on order and we put a deposit it on it. We then took the train down to pick it up. All in all, we were very happy with the experience. At Carlisle, he gave my wife a big hug and asked her how the 6 speed was doing.

I have heard a lot that they don't offer much on trades, mine was a straight deal so that wasn't an issue. They are also very business oriented, i.e., they don't want a lot of tire kickers (my opinion). But what was interesting, I took a briefcase for my paperwork. My wife laughed at me all the way down, but when we arrived I was not alone. Basically people were coming in from all over just to buy a Corvette.

One last note, they didn't try to push us into any extras, didn't wax the car (they understand most Vette owners don't want them to), they saved everything (even the plastic on the seats that I requested).

I will definitely go back again if I buy another Corvette. Right now my daughter is looking at Envoys, and one of the dealers we are checking inventory on is Kerbeck. Worth the drive from Rhode Island.:upthumbs

I bought my NEW 2002 at Kerbeck and it was a terrific experience. I'd highly recomend them for a NEW Corvette. I really don't know about buying a used Corvette from them though. I honestly don't believe they care too much to deal in used cars although they will and do.

As far as buying a new Corvette, they are one of the USA's very best. You should consider new before you just make your decision to buy used. You may be very pleasantly suprised at how good of a deal you CAN get on a new one at Kerbeck.

Good Luck

I just bought my 2004 Z06 from them. I found them to be very nice. They even honored my GMS discount. I have no complaints. They also have a great detailer guy, who has been detailing Vettes and exotics for more then 20 years. He has done more than 2000 Corvettes. He is great. I would buy from them again. The cool thing is if there is something wrong with the car before you buy, they usually have a couple more just like it. . . .

New or used, integrity should be present in all business transactions.

I have visited Kerbeck many times as I often stay in Ocean City (OC), NJ for vacation. I enjoy getting Kerbecks yearly posters with Vicki and the Corvettes featured on them. The one with the Miss America Pageant contestants has been my favorite. When I learned of the fraud, I was saddened.

In two years, I will be ready for a new Corvette. I’ve had it planned for years... fly in, pick up my new car, vacation for the week in OC and then drive her home. Not so sure now.

B17Crew
:w

I agree about the integrity issue.

They deal in volume so moving the new cars is the top concern. Even if they sell each new C5 at dealer cost they still make at least $3000 between GM incentives and dealer holdback, so its no big shakes for them or any dealer to say the car is being sold at cost because its not really the true cost but the "dealer invoice"

USED cars are another story. I need to trade mine in. I would not have such a bone against them if they even just told me they would not give me what I wanted for my car for a legit reason, but they would not even tell me what the Galves book value was.
And to see almost the identical car on the lot for almost $10,000 more than what they would give me on a trade in is nuts, you know they dont budge on their used car prices.

I never considered buying a new C5 because of the huge depreciation in the first year, and finding an extremely low miles car that was well kept is not impossible...But I may for 04. My "regular" car is now 3 years old, the limit at witch I usually replace it and I may keep it longer. I have had 4 new Bonnevilles, and 2 used Vettes. Might be time to switch.

Galves book... I haven’t heard of that one either. I did a search and found a link to the site. http://www.galves.com/

On the Galves site they claim to have numbers that are “the most accurate and realistic in the industry.”

Kerbeck must be doing something right, they are after all a large volume Corvette dealer that has sold many new Corvettes. I’ve enjoyed visiting the Kerbeck dealership and have liked the sales people I have met.

If Kerbeck made a mistake, they should’ve stepped up and owned up to it, they could’ve helped that poor guy out and wrote off the loss. Word of mouth, people will hear of good news too!

Maybe this incident with Kerbeck was a one time thing, I hope. They are still in the running for my purchase in the next couple of years, but I’m gonna be watching ’em like a hawk.

I believe vettenuts is correct, it was 2000 bought in August of 99.

B17Crew
:w

I just got a 2004 spiral gray coupe there, they are really nice, willing to spend some time with you. As for buying used, I had bought my first one a few years ago, a 91 coupe. It was ok.

I posted the "Kerbeck Found Guilty of Fraud" thread and stand by it. My friend bought an early 2000 conv in August or 99.

Not much was ever heard about this because since Kerbeck owns about 22 dealerships just imagine the dinero that goes to the local papers for advertising. Do you really think that any paper would print such a story and sacrifice a cash cow?

You want info?
Here's the court case:
Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Monmouth County Docket L-5753-99

If Kerbeck was the last dealer on earth I'd rather walk.

I have a real problem with the Corvette Forum showing Kerbeck as a reputable dealer when I know this case! Since Troy never responded to my e-mail maybe this will get a response (or maybe I'll be banished to cyberheck...)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom