Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

key fob

Corvette
08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed
I have lost my #1 2008 c6 key fob. Chevy tells me that I must have that master #1 key to reprogram from the one that was accidentialy dropped by the tech and semi-broken.. I have the fob secret number that was on the key fob when the vette was delervered a month ago. Can anyone help, me help the service tech or manager with a solution to this problem

Please can anyone give me an assist. Everyone at the dealership seems stymied.

Thanks ray

Hi there,
Well, all they have to do is input your VIN to the key code website at GM.
This will give them your correct cut key code, cut the key and then use the system.
However, to program your key fob, they do NOT need a key, they can perform that process using the TECH 2 and invalidate all fobs and then reprogram them.
Document ID#1970253 is the GM procedure. Your dealership can access this document
Allthebest, c4c5

Hi there,
Well, all they have to do is input your VIN to the key code website at GM.
This will give them your correct cut key code, cut the key and then use the system.
However, to program your key fob, they do NOT need a key, they can perform that process using the TECH 2 and invalidate all fobs and then reprogram them.
Document ID#1970253 is the GM procedure. Your dealership can access this document
Allthebest, c4c5

Thanks very much. I will contact the dealer tomorrow and let them in on the proper procedure protocol. Again thanks, c4c5.

Thanks very much. I will contact the dealer tomorrow and let them in on the proper procedure protocol. Again thanks, c4c5.
Hi There;

I just had the same problem. I bought a new FOB from GM .. .they only needed to know whether it was #1 or #2 that was lost. Once I had the new FOB ... there is a procedure in your owners manual handbook for activating it. The car activates the FOB using that procedure and adds it onto the allowable FOBs that it will repond to.

I did not pay for anything but the FOB .... no service.

eboch

Paul,
It's too bad we can't clone you and send a clone to all the Chevy dealers in the US!!

Believe or not I just got it all taken care of last week. Yes it took that long for the dealership to move on the reprograming of my #1 FOB. I should have read the manual myself. There is still so much I haven't programmed or reprogrammed. I just wanted my vette that you put a key in, turn to crank, push the clutch in,put it in gear and light'em up....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom