Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kumho Tires

J

jrizz1

Time to replace my tires. I do not drive my 2000 hard and have just turned over 30K on the original GY Run Flats. I am leaning towards Non Runflats and TR gives good reviews to the Kumho Ecsta ASX tires and the price is good. Does anyone have these and what do you think? Any other Non Run Flat tire opinions? Also I will need a good small air pump to carry. Any suggestions which ones are good?

Kumho makes a pretty good run flat. You save a pile of $$$ over the Goodyear and there is no annoying "square shoulder" of the tire to squiggle and squirm down every country road.

A few of my friends have asked what (positive changes), I made since they last drove the car ..... Kumho run flats; that's it.

I've heard lots of good things about the ASX's. Gmjunkie swears by them and if there is one guy that I respect an opinion of, it's Jesse. :thumb

I've heard lots of good things about the ASX's. Gmjunkie swears by them and if there is one guy that I respect an opinion of, it's Jesse. :thumb
Thanks Tom!!:thumbYes,I've been running Kumho Ecsta ASX All Season's on my C5, sure lowered the pucker factor on wet and standing water pavement and I can still enjoy my stereo!! :D
Great Tire!! :thumb:thumb:thumb
53,000 miles without a flat,thats allot better than what I can say for the original EMT's,And there still smoother and quieter than the GoodYears ever were!!:L:L:L I just ordered a new set to put on before the snow gets here,I' could probly make it another summer on the rears but there too thin for the snow!!:thumb Fronts still have 4/32'ds evenly,rears are almost to the wear barr's!:thumb
I have a Z06 Tire kit in the back without the slime and a Mushroom plug gun and plugs added,Haven't had to use it yet!!:beer

Have the Kumho MXs as autocross/summer tires and Kumho ASXs on another set of wheels for the wet season. As JRose will attest they also cost about half of what Goodyear GS-D3s or EMTs cost which leaves plenty $$ left over for the :beer

Put the Michilen Pilot PS2 ZP's on a year ago (same tire as the ZR1) in C5 stock sizes with new 2006 Z06 style chrome wheels. Tires are quiet, handle well, smoother ride than the stock GY's and, look great....However they are a bit pricey.

tires

I have non-run flats;

Nitto Extreme ZR NT555
Treadwear 300
Traction "A"
Temperature "A"
Tread depth 6/32 inch

Nice tires for a good price, I'm very happy with them but I do not drive the car in bad weather, (snow/ice).

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

I will be getting a set of the non run flats for my C4 this spring.. :) My good-year run craps are long overdue for replacement.

Thanks Tom!!:thumbYes,I've been running Kumho Ecsta ASX All Season's on my C5, sure lowered the pucker factor on wet and standing water pavement and I can still enjoy my stereo!! :D
Great Tire!! :thumb:thumb:thumb
53,000 miles without a flat,thats allot better than what I can say for the original EMT's,And there still smoother and quieter than the GoodYears ever were!!:L:L:L I just ordered a new set to put on before the snow gets here,I' could probly make it another summer on the rears but there too thin for the snow!!:thumb Fronts still have 4/32'ds evenly,rears are almost to the wear barr's!:thumb
I have a Z06 Tire kit in the back without the slime and a Mushroom plug gun and plugs added,Haven't had to use it yet!!:beer
:thumb:thumb:thumb I totally agree!

I bought mine ASX's 1-05 and now have 40+K miles on them, no flats, still good tread left on the fronts.....not as much on the rears! :chuckle Got'em at Sears for $663. I'll be getting another set someday! Smooth and Quiet!
:beer

Go with Goodyear!

Goodyear GSD3's. Put a set on my '04 coupe 12,000 miles ago. They are awesome in wet or dry conditions and even with substantial mileage they're still very quiet. Love 'em.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom