Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kyle Busch Issues Apology

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
Kyle Busch, who was suspended from Saturday and Sunday races by NASCAR for his actions Friday night at Texas Motor Speedway, Saturday night issued a letter of apology.

“As a racecar driver, the hardest thing to do is to sit on the sidelines listening to cars on the track when you know you should be out there competing,” Busch wrote. “For this, I have no one to blame but myself.”

Busch wrote that he offered apologies to numerous parties.

“I've had a lot of time today to sit and reflect, and try to put my thoughts into words as best I can,” he wrote. “I want to sincerely apologize for my actions during Friday night's Truck Series race at Texas. I apologize to my fans, all my sponsors, everyone at Joe Gibbs Racing and Kyle Busch Motorsports.

“After talking with my team, it's great to have their support and encouragement to assure me that there are better days ahead. Even though this took place while driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports, I am sorry for how difficult this has been for everyone associated with Joe Gibbs Racing's Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series teams.
I'd also like to apologize to Ron Hornaday Jr., and everyone associated with the No. 33 team in the Truck Series.”

NASCAR parked Busch for Saturday’s Nationwide race and Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Texas after he pushed Hornaday’s truck hard into the outside wall early in Friday night’s race after they had contact earlier on the same lap.

“I understand why I was taken out of the car for the rest of the weekend,” Busch wrote. “NASCAR officials had to act, and I accept their punishment and take full responsibility for my actions.”

Denny Hamlin replaced Busch in Saturday’s Nationwide race and finished second. Michael McDowell is scheduled to drive Busch’s No. 18 Toyota in Sunday’s Sprint Cup race.

“Through a lot of support from the people around me, I feel like I've made a lot of strides this year, but this was certainly a step backward,” Busch wrote. “Moving forward, I will do everything I possibly can to represent everyone involved in a positive manner. However, I know my long-term actions will have more of a bearing than anything I say right now.”

Speed

Kyle Busch, who was suspended from Saturday and Sunday races by NASCAR for his actions Friday night at Texas Motor Speedway, Saturday night issued a letter of apology

Speed
I think his apology is totally unacceptable .He should be banned for the rest of the season .I'd feel the same if MY drive had done the dirty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom