Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: L-81 Registry , I do not have all the information

C

C3/C4 KID

I tried to fill out the L-81 Registry Last night . I do not have a window sticker Of my car . Could I still fill out the questions or not ? Also what do you get when you fill up the registry ?

If your 81 was assembled at St. Louis, go here Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Owner Information Center | Build Sheets | Documentation and see if you can obtain a copy of the original dealer invoice for your car. The invoice will have all of the informaton which would have been on the window sticker, plus additional information which was not printed on window stickers.

If you car was assembled at Bowling Green, contact the National Corvette Museum and see if they have your build schedule in their records. https://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buildsheet.asp The build schedule will not have prices on it, but it will show what options were ordered and installed on your car. The information on the build schedule was used to print the dealer invoice and the window sticker.

:thumb

I tried to fill out the L-81 Registry Last night . I do not have a window sticker Of my car . Could I still fill out the questions or not ? Also what do you get when you fill up the registry ?
:w Kid and Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Corvette Community!

I see via your profile that you have:
Corvette:
80C3 and 1994 C4

The L81VetteRegistry is for the Documentation of the 1981 Corvette. The 1981 was a one engine Corvette, NO Options... Thus the L81 Engine, and the name L81VetteRegistry. If you are trying to register you 1980, the VIN will not be correct. While most options are the same there are a few subtle differences.

There are no prizes nor are there any dues or fee's of any kind for the Registry. It was started to provide a historical information and to document as many 1981 as possible.

The Data Base and the Window Sticker design was all done by a young College Student a few years ago and hasn't change any since... As a matter of fact nothing has changed on the site since at least 2006 or so.. Tim did such a great job of design and building the site that it is almost bullet proof.... All I do is approve or reject registrations, I have NO TALENT to change or make revisions, or add more information.. We are stuck with what we have, unless someone steps up and wants to try to figure it out and save our Data Base intact..

Anyway... without the window sticker you can figure the interior and exterior color from the "Trim Tag" on the drivers door frame, as for options, talk to other 1980 owners to help you check out your interior gauges/radio/ and maybe someone from NCRS that would help you with a guess of what you car came from the factory with..

Good Luck

Bud
L81VetteRegistry

Hi Russ - hope you're enjoying your new C3!

There's some confusion; I recommended the 81 Registry because you said in your intro thread your C3 is an 81 but in your profile it's listed as an 80. Is that a typo?

:wJane Ann

Hi Russ - hope you're enjoying your new C3!

There's some confusion; I recommended the 81 Registry because you said in your intro thread your C3 is an 81 but in your profile it's listed as an 80. Is that a typo?

:wJane Ann

I will have to fix that. Thanks for letting me know :cool:

A little off topic, sorry. I was wondering if there is any way that the L81 registry can ask if the car still has an operational factory ECM/CCC. I would love to know how few of them there are left (I am one!)

:w Kid and Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Corvette Community!

I see via your profile that you have:
Corvette:
80C3 and 1994 C4

The L81VetteRegistry is for the Documentation of the 1981 Corvette. The 1981 was a one engine Corvette, NO Options... Thus the L81 Engine, and the name L81VetteRegistry. If you are trying to register you 1980, the VIN will not be correct. While most options are the same there are a few subtle differences.

There are no prizes nor are there any dues or fee's of any kind for the Registry. It was started to provide a historical information and to document as many 1981 as possible.

The Data Base and the Window Sticker design was all done by a young College Student a few years ago and hasn't change any since... As a matter of fact nothing has changed on the site since at least 2006 or so.. Tim did such a great job of design and building the site that it is almost bullet proof.... All I do is approve or reject registrations, I have NO TALENT to change or make revisions, or add more information.. We are stuck with what we have, unless someone steps up and wants to try to figure it out and save our Data Base intact..

Anyway... without the window sticker you can figure the interior and exterior color from the "Trim Tag" on the drivers door frame, as for options, talk to other 1980 owners to help you check out your interior gauges/radio/ and maybe someone from NCRS that would help you with a guess of what you car came from the factory with..

Good Luck

Bud
L81VetteRegistry

A little off topic, sorry. I was wondering if there is any way that the L81 registry can ask if the car still has an operational factory ECM/CCC. I would love to know how few of them there are left (I am one!)
You have no idea how much I would love to have a survey like that on the L81VetteRegistry or ask the question here at the Action Center with Reference to the Registry in a data base the results... BUT as I have said several times, I HAVE NO TALENT or know how to access the edit feature of the Registry then FTP the final input...

I do know there are many many of us that still maintain our 1981 as delivered from the factory, with only minor upgrades and the ECM/CCC is still intact and functioning as designed by GM ;)

Somewhere around here someone has asked the question about modifying the 1981 and many have responded, most have kept their 1981 as factory correct as possible ;) I'll see if I can find the thread, is so I will come back and add a note with the link ;)

Bud

NOTE: Link

Last edited:
I will have to fix that. Thanks for letting me know :cool:

If it's an 80, you can skip all the "made in Bowling Green" junk. Your car was assembled at St. Louis. My link concerning the invoice remains valid. I was able to get a copy of the original dealer invoice for my 80 L-82.

If it's an 80, you can skip all the "made in Bowling Green" junk. Your car was assembled at St. Louis. My link concerning the invoice remains valid. I was able to get a copy of the original dealer invoice for my 80 L-82.

all of the C3 were made in St Louis ,Right ? C4 was the first at Bowling Green

all of the C3 were made in St Louis ,Right ? C4 was the first at Bowling Green

Almost. The Bowling Green plant began production in June of 1981 so some of the 81 models were assembled at Bowling Green. 1981 production was also running at St. Louis during this time, so for June and July, 1981, Corvettes were assembed simultaneously at two places.

The last St. Louis built Corvette was completed on August 1, 1981 and production ceased there.

Since 8/1/81, all Corvettes have been assembled at Bowling Green.

Build date of last St. Louis Vette

I have seen many references that the last St. Louis Corvette was built on August 1, 1981. However, the picture of the last 1981 vette says "July 31, 1981." Which is it - July 31st or August 1st?

...I have seen many references that the last St. Louis Corvette was built on August 1, 1981. However, the picture of the last 1981 vette says "July 31, 1981." Which is it - July 31st or August 1st?...

The car was finished on August 1. A CBS evening news crew was at the plant on the afternoon of 7/31 to film the car coming off the assembly line. The interior was not completed when CBS did their filming. Here's an official GM media pic of the occasion. If you look closely, no seats are installed.
vemp_1003_09_ocorvette_sting_rayslast_st_louis_corvette.jpg

After the media hype and CBS got their footage, the car went back on the assembly line. Final assembly was completed on Saturday morning, August 1.

You can read the complete account of the last St. Louis car here. Good reading:
61ewiMplFL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

the last I knew the last St Louis vette and the 1st BG vette are in the museum

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom