Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L82,hood emblems.

Wayne robson

Corvette
sold my last corvette.
Hello,would like one of the judges, or,an orthority on this subject to help me
i own a 1974 targa, L82, corvette orange, black leather interrior,automatic, T in the fifth diget nos match itis very original 250 hp, as most will probably know ,the L82 emblems were not fitted until 1975, if i fitted the emblems to my car, what points would i loose when judged in us, thankyou if someone answers
that for me, will be not be able to reply after 60 hours, for approx a week, regards wayne.

What sort of judging are planning for your car? I believe that for NCRS type judging I would take the emblems off so that the deduction would just be for the holes in the hood which would not be typical of factory production. I would take only a couple of points since the holes are a relatively small flaw in the fiberglass and paint. It would be good to hear some other views.
Regards,
Alan

emblems

Thanks Alan, my reason is i have not fitted any yet, but thought i may
so that it identifys my car as a L82, and wondered what points i would loose
thanks ,see what others think, wayne.

:w Wayne,

I will move this down to the NCRS Restoration Forums, you might get a person that does C3 Judging to wade in and help..

Bud

The deduction would be only for the non-original holes in the hood to mount the emblems - wouldn't matter if the emblems were installed or not (same logic as a dealer-installed luggage rack - deduction is only for the mounting holes). I'd probably take two points.

:beer

The deduction would be only for the non-original holes in the hood to mount the emblems - wouldn't matter if the emblems were installed or not (same logic as a dealer-installed luggage rack - deduction is only for the mounting holes). I'd probably take two points.

:beer
Hi many thanks John z and Bud.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom