Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: L82 imposter

brodeuriii

Corvette
1980 Black L48
I just purchased a 1980 L48 (by VIN) that some previous owner had gone to great lengths to make look like an L82. Dual snorkel, different tach/redline, finned valve covers. I recently removed the center instrument cluster to replace the radio and clock and found the check engine light bulb missing. My question is, would the modications made with the snorkel or anything else make the check engine light stay on, and would any of these additions hurt a standard L48? I don't want to have to remove the cluster again if the check engine light stays on. Thanks. My first Corvette and I love it.

I just purchased a 1980 L48 (by VIN) that some previous owner had gone to great lengths to make look like an L82. Dual snorkel, different tach/redline, finned valve covers. I recently removed the center instrument cluster to replace the radio and clock and found the check engine light bulb missing. My question is, would the modications made with the snorkel or anything else make the check engine light stay on, and would any of these additions hurt a standard L48? I don't want to have to remove the cluster again if the check engine light stays on. Thanks. My first Corvette and I love it.
Naw,I don't think it will hurt the value or drivability any!:thumb
But if the check engine light stays on fix it!
Back in 80 they were purdy simple with not allot of excess baggage,pull the codes and see whats shake'n!!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom