Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Labonte to replace Waltrip in Indianapolis

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
CORNELIUS, N.C. (AP) — Terry Labonte will replace Michael Waltrip in next week's race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Labonte, a two-time NASCAR champion, will drive the No. 55 Toyota and be assured of a spot in the field based on his status as a former champion.

Waltrip has struggled to make races this season, his first as a full-time owner and driver. He's qualified for just four of 19 events, and has turned to Labonte to get a car in the field.

Labonte drove the No. 55 for Waltrip in Sonoma, Calif., and finished 35th on the road course. He's also scheduled to drive next month at Watkins Glen.

"I felt having him in the car next weekend at Indianapolis would be a great opportunity for me to continue to evaluate my entire organization from an owner's perspective," Waltrip said Wednesday. "The feedback related to road course racing that Terry was able to provide my team after Infineon Raceway was very valuable.

Article

The only way that that the 55 car will finish 1st is if the other 42 cars end up out of the race. Well, that is if they are able to qualify the car. If they do manage to qualify the car the worst they can finish is 43rd.

If I was the owner I wouldn't want either driving my car. I know Waltrip owns the 55 car.

The guy the finishes 2nd is the 1st place loser.

Very surprised that Toyota and all the Toyota teams sponsors have put up with the showing (or lack of ) this year.....
Don't remember Dodge being this bad when they came back in.
SpongeMichael SquareHead needs to keep himself outta the car.

Just for curiosities sake, wonder what would happen if you took Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson and gave them one of Mikey's cars for the weekend? Think it would be 4 mph off the pace? Think it would finish higher than 22nd??
Is it the car or is it the driver or just a combination?

I think the trouble with the 55 car is Michael! Never thought that he was much of a driver. I was surprised when Toyota put so much faith in him!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom