Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Langka paint chip removal????

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
l just read a response on my thread regarding paint chip solutions and this product came up.

They have their own web site and it sounds fantastic.

Does anybody have any experience with the product.

Anybody use it??

Thanks but l have their web site.

What l'm trying to find out is if anybody tried it.

Yes, I've used it for a couple of years. It takes a little finessing to get it right the first time you use it. Usually tend to take a little too much of the touchup paint off the first time. Much easier than the sanding/polishing method.

Thanks, the chips that l have really cannot be seen unless you put your face 6 inches from it and there are only 3-4 on the hood.

But on the driver's (lower) door there is a 1/4 inch round chip that bugs me.

On the inside of a door jam there is a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch that needs paint.

Did you use anything to get rid of the wax, before you used the touch up paint and did you use a clear coat finish afterwards?

What ever tips that you can give me will be appreciated.

My Vette is Torch Red.

Torch red is much easier to fix than black. I've done a couple of minor rock pecks on my Victory Red truck. The repairs on the truck are not very noticable. My 'vette is black. I had to repair a 1/4" round gouge on my decklid caused by a falling piece of garage door. If the chip is deep, it will take a few applications of the touchup paint to build it thick enough to smooth down. However, a nick this large might be pushing the limit of what touch up paint can hide effectively. It works best on small rock pecks. If on side surfaces, it is a little bit tricky to get the touch up paint to stay in one place. Thin layers are best for these spots. Once ready to use the Langka, remove small amount of paint to ensure you don't take too much off. Take your time and you will get decent results. If you take off too much, you can start over. The steps I used on the 1/4" spot were: cleaned surface thoroughly, wiped with 3M Adhesive Remover, wiped with tack rag, primer, slight sanding (ideal to get surface as smooth as possible), black touchup paint, langka, clearcoat, langka, 3M 3909 SMR. I followed up a month later with a good coat of wax.

For smaller chips, I just use the touchup paint and Langka.:upthumbs

I have had pretty good luck with it with small and not too deep chips. It is the best thing I have seen out there for this type of repair.

dlrshort

Decent results!!

What l was hoping for, was better then decent results or it will look worse. How can you sand a 1/4 inch?

What l was hoping to do is clean the area of wax, put on a thin layer of touch up paint, wait 3 -4 hrs, smooth it out with the Langka. And then repeat the process until it is level.

Do l have to use the clear coat inorder to get the shine?

l really appreciate your help, but when l do something for the first time l learned to take it slow.

Can l use any clearcoat, because l have some that came with a touch up paint kit for my Volvo?

Dave, where is Beachwood in relationship with Monmouth Beach?

l really live in Morganville, which is above Freehold. l'm sure with your artistic fingers filling cavities, this would be a cinch for you.

l'll do all the work, just need a guide like Lewis and Clark.

l'll buy whatever is needed, but we would have to wait until the weather warms up.

Alan

Alan, Beachwood is a mile south of Toms River.

Dave (dlrshort)

Beachwood!

Ok, now l remember Beachwood when l used to take my boat to Atlantic City. l took the intercoastal from the top of Barneget Bay.

As far as a club, there is one in Marlboro, that meets the first wednesday of the month, about 3 miles from house. They have a web site, but they never returned any of my e-mails.
Since l just picked this vette up, l will drift by there during their next meeting.

l tried to reach them to find out where l can get me vette serviced by people who know vette's.

l,ve owned vette's since the 60's, but because of having two son's
my last vette was a 76. Now that both are out of the house l picked this one up.

l really wanted a Competition Yellow one but couldn't find one in decent shape at a resonable price.

My area seems to be full of C5's, so l decided to wait until l knew for sure that l would get use of the car before l spend the extra money. Hobbie's, hobbie's.

And so little time.

Local Club

The name of it is Corvette Express. l believe they are out of Matawan.

I was in that club for a short while. I had a '76 coupe. A very good and active club, but too far for me. It would be good for you.

Dave

local club

Dave what was the name of the club.

l also had a white 76 coupe, but it was a non-performer. l also had a 74 1/2 Z and it was quicker and was able to reach 120mphs and feel safer but l sold the Z because it was prone to rust.

Local Club

Dave
That is the club that holds their meetings in my town. l will try to stop by at their next meeting.

That is the club l mentioned in my last thread.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom