Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Last 1955 6 Cylinder

C

Crewzer

Does anyone know what the serial number is of the last 6 cylinder Corvette produced in 1955? I may have the opportunity to restore S/N E55S001250, and was wondering if it could be the last 6 cylinder made!
I have looked many places, but there is not much info on 53-55 Vette's.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crewzer

My home computer is down for redecorating (don't ask) and that's where my books are. I know there are only a few '55s documented with 6 cylinder engines. In the Portal at the top of this page you will find some organizations that may be able to help you. One is NCRS. www.ncrs.org . You can inquire on the Tech Board and you will probably get an accurate answer. The other is the Solid Axle Corvette Club. This club is made up of guys that know the really old cars and many have '53-'55 Corvettes. They don't have a discussion board so some emails to it's officers may be necessary. I hope this helps and please let us know what you find out. I am very interested in the '55s as I had one for a short period but unfortunately I couldn't afford the $3600. purchace price at that time.

Tom

'55 6 cyl

Thanks for the reply Tom. I decided to double check my Noland Adams Vol. 1 again, and found that at least one '55 w/ 6 cyl. and later S/N exists. Oh well, 1 out of 8 isn't too common!

Crewzer

Any '55 isn't too common. :D That's the same book I would have went for first. Could be a super project.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom